• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

February 9th. Winter is.... ...nope, must have been the AC.

It's "BuzzOUT!". Stick with the marketing slogan... :)
"Fire [Redacted]" is more direct and explicit. "BuzzOut" may not register to the casual fan. Who knows though, maybe I'm underestimating our casual fans.

It should help that the student turnout will likely be low. A noon game on Saturday? Who schedules these things? Most college kids will barely be emerging from their dens of sin at that hour.

Also, don't use profanity, my people! From DeaconSports to Facebook, we've learned that the Athletic Department's go-to move is "profanity was used, and we are family-friendly."

The mental image of DV7 and his revolutionary guard chugging cheap beer in the Joel parking at 11am is a pleasing one.

"Fire [Redacted]" is more direct and explicit. "BuzzOut" may not register to the casual fan. Who knows though, maybe I'm underestimating our casual fans.

I had a woman ask me in the Hoops Room against State what BuzzOut meant. I was taking a picture of somebody that was wearing a BuzzOut shirt.

People still don't know what it means, even those that have Hoops Room cards.

I had a woman ask me in the Hoops Room against State what BuzzOut meant. I was taking a picture of somebody that was wearing a BuzzOut shirt.

People still don't know what it means, even those that have Hoops Room cards.
And that's why I think "Fire [Redacted]" is the better option. No one can mistake what "Fire [Redacted]" means.

And that's why I think "Fire [Redacted]" is the better option. No one can mistake what "Fire [Redacted]" means.

Agree with this. "Buzz Out" was explicitly modeled on English soccer fans' chants/signs. Which is fine, just not very likely to catch on with the masses.

Agree with this. "Buzz Out" was explicitly modeled on English soccer fans' chants/signs. Which is fine, just not very likely to catch on with the masses.

Well, not here. I hear English soccer hooligans are very much BuzzOut.

Something tells there will be room for both "Fire [Redacted]" and "BuzzOut" next week. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

BuzzOut is an inside joke. Do people in Winston even call him Buzz?

Something tells there will be room for both "Fire [Redacted]" and "BuzzOut" next week. Variety is the spice of life, after all.
Enough room for "Fire Wellman" signs too? I think those may be more important than the "Fire [Redacted]" signs.

BuzzOut is an inside joke. Do people in Winston even call him Buzz?

People in Winston don't really talk about him at all...or Wake basketball in general. Usually we just shake our heads at eachother. No words are necessary.

What you need are signs with "Go Wake" that you can tear off and show the "Fire His Ass" sign underneath. No way security sees that coming...

People in Winston don't really talk about him at all...or Wake basketball in general. Usually we just shake our heads at eachother. No words are necessary.

So sad.

"BuzzOut" has been catching a significant amount of steam over the past year, especially since the news media coverage at the UNCG game. I think a large enough presence of "BuzzOut" on an ESPN televised game, would put it well into national coverage, as we could also expect additional journalism pieces covering the movement afterwards. Also, many others have already invested into the t-shirts and such, so I feel like this is the way to go so far.

BuzzOut!

While this is probably obvious, plans shouldn't really be posted or mentioned here so that the AD people who scour the boards won't know what is coming or what to look for.

All plans should be made through email and through PM. I'd like an email too DV7. I can't make it but I'd like to help in anyway possible.

i am in for a PM. will watch on tv if something is going down.

Send me a pm ill be at the game lower level

The mental image of DV7 and his revolutionary guard chugging cheap beer in the Joel parking at 11am is a pleasing one.

Cheap beer? Nonsense. They will be stocked with fine fermentation.

Back