• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Four Referees

Sorry Racer, can't have the game without players, or referees. You can have games without fans. Congrats to Les, Jamie & Roger. All 3 are great officials.

Where is my man, Duke Edsell?

"Hess told ACC officials that the former players weren't ejected for anything they said, but for "excessive demonstration on several calls." The league reviewed the incident and publicly reprimanded Hess."

"But his absence was noted in the opening game of the tournament, when all three officials wrote the letters "KH" on a small piece of tape that was attached to the side of their shoes."

What a bunch of fucking tools. Seriously - a piece of tape on your shoe with his initials? Losers.

That is awesome.

Forde was interviewed this week and said it was a good old boy network and the selection of these officials is not always based on ability. He said one of the refs in the Elite 8 was one of the worst he's seen in the NCAA. Interesting stuff right there.

Forde was interviewed this week and said it was a good old boy network and the selection of these officials is not always based on ability. He said one of the refs in the Elite 8 was one of the worst he's seen in the NCAA. Interesting stuff right there.

I assumed this was common knowledge. It's the only explanation for how bad refs are at their job, not to mention the high schoolish "tape on your shoe" crap they pulled for Hess.

Sorry Racer, can't have the game without players, or referees. You can have games without fans. Congrats to Les, Jamie & Roger. All 3 are great officials.

You can't have a game without a basketball hoop either...but the hoops don't try to make the game about them.

I assumed this was common knowledge. It's the only explanation for how bad refs are at their job, not to mention the high schoolish "tape on your shoe" crap they pulled for Hess.

I honestly had no idea. I was totally confused as to how Hess and Lucky and Valentine continue to be considered as competent officials by people charged with making this assessment.

I was hoping to open this thread and find that all referees had died except for four.
:panda:

How is Jamie Luckie alive, let alone officiating the Final Four? With all the voodoo dolls of him that I've set on fire or sent through a woodchipper I figured he'd have to be dead by now.

Yeah its nothing more than an old boy network. When you give retired officials the executive ability to decide who's working, of course they hire their pals. It has nothing to do with merit.

Paraplegic tenth graders could do a better job than Karl Hess or Jamie Luckie. Those two are a disgrace to humanity, let alone college officiating.

Bryan Kersey was the best official in the ACC this year. I would have chosen Hess and Kersey over the above.

Given the fact that there's been several national articles written throughout the tournament about how unbelievably bad the officiating has been, I wouldnt be so quick to praise the three that "earned" the trip to the Final Four.

An fn thread about the final 4 officials, I really hate you keeper. hahaha at the aborted tag. Whomever came up with that is a genius.

How the heck Les Jones made the final four is beyond me. I remember being behind the UNC-G bench during a game earlier this year. Les Jones calls a foul. The official scorer says who is the foul on? He looks up and throws his hands in the air and says, I DUNNO... Then proceeds to the monitor to identify who fouled.. SMH. That should never happen..

These amateurs haven't got crap on Lenny Wirtz or Dick Paparo.

Lenny Wirtz is the absolute worst. I remember being happy as a kid that he decided to give up reffing games. Dick Paparo was the king of calling traveling violations.

Back