• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Four Thread

Rooting for Butler (I'm from Indy) but really happy for both these schools. Butler w/ a great three and steal.

Is VCU playing Carowhina or Duke?

The calls make it look that way. EVERY close call has gone Butler's way.

All I can remember of Skeen at Wake was a big guy firing up 3s

In fairness to Wake/Skip/Dino/Battle/whoever, it really wasn't until this season that Jamie became the "Jamie Skeen" we're all seeing now; he was a 20 MPG role player for VCU last season, despite having an entire season of practice with the same players and with Smart as an assisant coach during his RS year (albeit under Anthony Grant as HC). And of course, kid's like 22 now and 4-5 years removed from his injury (not to mention 3 years removed from whatever his off-the-court issues were).

My point being, the success story we're seeing now is more of "Jamie as a 5th-year senior" rather than "Jamie, ever since he left Wake."

Marquee it's the only guy who relevant to talk about here...

Dino also grossly misused Farouq and JJ.

LOL again at a "Ram in in the BUTTler" sign...hahaha

HaHa! That's great, even if it's not part of WFU culture. Isn't VCU the school that had the flamboyant gay guy leading the pep band? I thought that guy was hilarious but I seem to recall a lot of folks on the board were freaked out by him- I think he did a strip routine or something. Or am I thinking of another school? NCAA tournament in Raleigh.

In fairness to Wake/Skip/Dino/Battle/whoever, it really wasn't until this season that Jamie became the "Jamie Skeen" we're all seeing now; he was a 20 MPG role player for VCU last season, despite having an entire season of practice with the same players and with Smart as an assisant coach during his RS year (albeit under Anthony Grant as HC). And of course, kid's like 22 now and 4-5 years removed from his injury (not to mention 3 years removed from whatever his off-the-court issues were).

My point being, the success story we're seeing now is more of "Jamie as a 5th-year senior" rather than "Jamie, ever since he left Wake."

That's fair. He is an entirely different player.

Well said

I couldn't believe Butler was the first team from Indiana to go to back to back final fours.

VCU needs to establish the inside game with Skeen and Veal. Both of them have a good dropstep. They put it on the floor with the power dribble a couple of times though that led to turnovers which hurt them. If Butler double teams, kick it out for the three with Burgess set up in the corner.

Butler is too dominant on the glass for VCU to keep forking up threes unless they start drilling them like they did in the first few minutes of the game.

All-in-all this was a pretty entertaining first half, I'm excited to see the rest of the game.

Great post. And I'll add that the "we could have used Skeen" stuff is overblown since James Johnson gave us two years of what Skeen was hyped up to be and Skeen would have been the #2 forward last year behind AFA. He's turned out to be a good player but things wouldn't have worked out nearly as well for him in many ways if he had stayed.

Is it weird that I'm both (1) rooting for Jamie to dominate but (2) still hoping Butler wins this game?

Back