• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Four Thread

I can't be the only one who watches this games and thinks that VCU has significantly more individual talent than does Butler.

Is it weird that I'm both (1) rooting for Jamie to dominate but (2) still hoping Butler wins this game?

No. Not at all. I'm rooting for both teams to play amazing games but for Butler to win. I just want high quality competitive basketball and I haven't been disappointed.

VCU looks like one of the most talented teams in the tournament.

VCU is extremely well coached on the defensive end. But what impresses me most is how hard they work on both ends.

Then, Butler plays very hard also.

Excellent basketball.

No. Not at all. I'm rooting for both teams to play amazing games but for Butler to win. I just want high quality competitive basketball and I haven't been disappointed.

VCU looks like one of the most talented teams in the tournament.

Totally agree. The fact that they "only" went 23-11 (13-5) during the regular season is sort of amazing.

Mack is killing VCU. And, they are having an amazing number of near misses on offense.

Butler's D looks like swiss cheese when VCU decides to penetrate. Just way too slow. They're kind of lucky that rando Hahn kid kept them in the game while Mack was out.

I think a fresh Matt Howard will be the difference in the game after the 4 min timeout.

Another really bad 3 pt. attempt and wasted possession.

Not looking good for VCU.

Story of this game has to be the rebounding difference. Seems like the bigs for VCU do ok but Butler's guards are outworking VCUs.

Ironically, the cinderella has trouble figuring out how to play from behind.

KidA, I've been thinking the same thing, then he does something competent on defense or gets a good board.

Last edited:
Back