• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

Do you think it might be more powerful to say something like "this ad has been paid for by 20,50.100 (whatever number) Wake Fans and Alumni?

Everyone is saying space is limited, so I doubt it.

I posted last night that the Strattons needed to speak with the N&R people about the trademark stuff, they did, and using 'wake forest' is out.

... alright that's part one - thank you.

what about "the rough draft looks plain awful. Also, I think what you (one of your financiers) have planned for today is a bad idea."

I posted last night that the Strattons needed to speak with the N&R people about the trademark stuff, they did, and using 'wake forest' is out.

How about just "Wake", "WFU", "Winston-Salem"? Could we get any more details? Personally, i'd like for outsiders to easily interpret the message, and I think that requires a little more clarity than just a hashtag, but that's my opinion.

... alright that's part one - thank you.

what about "the rough draft looks plain awful. Also, I think what you (one of your financiers) have planned for today is a bad idea."

I threw together a very, very rough draft that was plain. It didn't look good at all.

How about just "Wake", "WFU", "Winston-Salem"? Could we get any more details? Personally, i'd like for outsiders to easily interpret the message, and I think that requires a little more clarity than just a hashtag, but that's my opinion.

Can we say 'The Deacons'?

I'm sure in the context of the Tourney, Firing the Coach, etc, the message will be clear. And surely they didn't trademark Deacons.

I threw together a very, very rough draft that was plain. It didn't look good at all.

Alright so that answers part two... we're almost there... this is like pulling teeth...

Can we get an explanation for: "Also, I think what you (one of your financiers) have planned for today is a bad idea."

I'm pretty sure that the message will get across so long as you use [Redacted], regardless of whether you have any specific reference to Wake. Not exactly a common name in a sports section (Fire Johnson!!).

Just say: ____ Record (or Road Record) In Conference Since 2010. Fire [Redacted].

Probably CYA BS, but with only two days, there's probably not enough time to push back.

If Coke can use Pepsi in their ads, a group of alumni could certainly use Wake Forest.

Alright so that answers part two... we're almost there... this is like pulling teeth...

Can we get an explanation for: "Also, I think what you (one of your financiers) have planned for today is a bad idea."

Waiting to hear back from strattocaster for that one.

Even if you can't use "Wake Forest", I assume you can still use the names - like Jeff [Redacted], etc. You could work around not being able to use the school's name.

You don't need any reference to Wake. Looking back at the original ad, most of the Wake reference were superfluous.

My recommendations:

Jeff [Redacted]'s ACC record: 11-39 (.220)
Jeff [Redacted]'s ACC average scoring margin: -11 points
Jeff [Redacted]'s ACC record in February and March: 5-24 (.172)
Jeff [Redacted]'s ACC road record: 1-24 (.004).

You don't need any reference to Wake. Looking back at the original ad, most of the Wake reference were superfluous.

My recommendations:

Can't use ACC.

Then use conference. It's the N&R. Readers will know it's not talking about the Big XII.

My recommendations:

I like this ideas and if need be at the end just say 'Our school deserves better.' I'm not sure if that would be a sufficient enough loophole, but I think it's a pretty generic term.

Can't use ACC.

If they are really prohibiting all of this stuff, it should be simple - we don't have time to fight with them on word usage or come up with cute phrases - just come out and say...

Fire Jeff [Redacted] #bzzout firebz.com

Get VT to design it, post it on here so everyone knows exactly what it's going to be, and raise as much money over the next 24 hours... done.

I like that, too, Cumberland. If we can't use ACC then go with this:

The Jeff [Redacted] era (3 seasons):

Conference record: 11-39 (.220)
Conference scoring margin: -11 points a game
Conference record in February and March: 5-24 (.172)
Conference road record: 1-24 (.004).

Our university deserves better. FireBz.com #BuzzOUT

Yea it feels like it's getting a little panicky.

Ambiguous grumblings and stuff aren't helping.

Is vt involved or not?....is someone else designing it?...why is this only NOW becoming so confusing/difficult?

Back