• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE K

rj was off the chain during that tournament. I thought it was awesome. He's a passionate fan, entertaining to watch. Just wish we had him in Winston...court side.

Last edited:
He gave those refs so much shit. They'd probably have him removed from the arena in Winston.

Buzz wasn't an assistant coach of Denver when made their head coach. He was a scout for the organization.

Tom Crean won 6, 10 and 12 games his first three years at Indiana.

Yeah, and an Indiana program decimated by NCAA sanctions and scandal and a Wake Forest program coming off the 2nd round of the tourney are soooooo comparable...

But again, Crean has shown he can win in his career. Bz hasn't done a fucking thing.

scouts are assistants. squares are rectangles.

Assistants? Sure. But how much real team coaching and game management does a Scout and player development coach do? Little to none.

Last edited:

Jeff [Redacted] isn't Tom Crean, Wake Forest isn't Indiana, there were six 4 star recruits on the roster in Bzz's first year, Tom Crean was starting walk-ons in his first year.

If ypou doni't know he was one of the top asdsistant coaches in the league, then you simply don't know much about the NBA.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know many big NBA fans who even know the names of the assistant coaches of their own team, much less the "best" assistant coaches around the league. I'm a huge college basketball fan, but I don't know squat about the assistant coaches at other ACC schools, much less around the NCAA, unless the coaches are previous players that I've seen play in the league in the past (see Duke).

Assistants? Sure. But how much real team coaching and game management does a Scout and player development coach do? Little to none.

He was the advance scout for the Nuggets for one year before getting promoted to HC. He was in charge of Pat Riley's defense for the Heat as an assistant coach for the 6 years before that. I don't get the implication... lack of experience coaching is not a problem.

He was the advance scout for the Nuggets for one year before getting promoted to HC. He was in charge of Pat Riley's defense for the Heat as an assistant coach for the 6 years before that. I don't get the implication... lack of experience coaching is not a problem.

Not according to his bio at WakeForestSports.com:

[Redacted] joined Pat Riley's New York Knicks staff for the 1994-95 season, serving as the team's lead scout. He then followed Riley to the Miami Heat where he would spend six seasons from 1995-2001.

With the Heat, [Redacted] was responsible for the preparation of all game plans, video coordination and statistical data as well as player development

Doesn't really sound like he was involved in game management or team coaching, which are the two biggest head coach jobs in college. You can argue whether he is or isn't good in those areas, but his NBA experience doesn't seem to have given him much experience. Plenty of assistant coaches who never make the transition (or never make it successfully) to head coaching since they require different skillsets.

Not according to his bio at WakeForestSports.com:

Doesn't really sound like he was involved in game management or team coaching, which are the two biggest head coach jobs in college. You can argue whether he is or isn't good in those areas, but his NBA experience doesn't seem to have given him much experience. Plenty of assistant coaches who never make the transition (or never make it successfully) to head coaching since they require different skillsets.

His wiki page doesn't list him as a scout for the Heat. His Nuggets hiring article does spout this:

The 49-year-old [Redacted] is regarded as one of the National Basketball Association's premier defensive coaches. He spent six seasons as an assistant under Miami's Pat Riley, who is known for his defense-first approach.

Also he was the head coach of the Nuggets for a tad over two years. Regardless, it really doesn't matter now. Let's hope for the best.

I think it's pretty reasonable to say that Coach K had a better resume than [Redacted] at every step in their careers. I don't really think it's even debatable, but if RJ wants to say I am wrong then that's his prerogative.

Regardless, the premise of this thread is both ridiculous and unfunny.

Back