• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE K

Waiting for the "it was a joke; I didn't know these were the no-fun boards" reply from rj once he wakes up.

I just don't know why anyone would think the premise of this thread was funny, especially when it has already been done to death. You might be thinking that you're mocking Buzzouters but the parallel between [Redacted] losing a shitload of games and a well proven coach losing one game is pretty much nonexistent.

Last edited:
What's the difference between Dino and Buzz?

One's a shitty coach and the other is a shitty coach who eats unwiped ass.

Get it?

:rofl:

I just don't know why anyone would think the premise of this thread was funny, especially when it has already been done to death. You might be thinking that you're mocking Buzzouters but the parallel between [Redacted] losing a shitload of games and a well proven coach losing one game is pretty much nonexistent.

I agree the parallel is not the same in those circumstances but didn't people start calling for Bz to be fired as soon as he lost a game? Actually, didn't they start calling for him to be fired before he even coached a game? Granted, K has a history of success and Bz, well he has his own history so that destroys any parallels.

I agree the parallel is not the same in those circumstances but didn't people start calling for Bz to be fired as soon as he lost a game? Actually, didn't they start calling for him to be fired before he even coached a game? Granted, K has a history of success and Bz, well he has his own history so that destroys any parallels.

Yep.

And, Stetson versus Ohio State.

Many at Duke wanted K fired after Year Two...and even more after Year Three....in an eight(9) twam ACC K;'s first three years weer 5th then 6th then 7th.

NO I'm NOT saying [Redacted] can hold Rat's jock....

Many at Duke wanted K fired after Year Two...and even more after Year Three....in an eight(9) twam ACC K;'s first three years weer 5th then 6th then 7th.

Things aren't the same anymore. K was unproven and way younger than 59. [Redacted] has had plenty of time to establish a career.

Not even a debate worth having given Coach K has had much more success than [Redacted] throughout his career.

Not even a debate worth having given Coach K has had much more success than [Redacted] throughout his career.

At that point K was 111-106 (at Army and the historic power of Duke) vs. [Redacted] being 119-128 at three historically bad schools in bball (UMBC, AFA, CO).

That's very close.

NO I'm not saying he'll EVER be anyhthing like K. all i'm saying is at the same point it's not that different.

The similarities between the 2 boggle the mind.

They're both men.
Both have 4 letter first names likely shortened from longer names.
Both have K's and Z's in their last name.
Neither have ever been in my kitchen.

Yep, I think we're on to something here.

At that point K was 111-106 (at Army and the historic power of Duke) vs. [Redacted] being 119-128 at three historically bad schools in bball (UMBC, AFA, CO).

That's very close.

NO I'm not saying he'll EVER be anyhthing like K. all i'm saying is at the same point it's not that different.

Uh, you aren't comparing the right records there. At 59 Coach K had over 700 wins.

Back