• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE K

Nope, the appropriate compariosn is after how many years as a HC....

Nope, the appropriate compariosn is after how many years as a HC....

Yeah, that makes sense, let's just ignore the middle 15-20 years of [Redacted]'s career where no one thought he was good enough for a head coaching job.

Yeah, that makes sense, let's just ignore the middle 15-20 years of [Redacted]'s career where no one thought he was good enough for a head coaching job.

:rofl:

Consider this, from the time [Redacted] left UMBC to the time he lucked into the Nuggets job (1988-2002), Coach K won 3 national championships and made the Final 4 7 times.

ETA: Damn it, I hate Duke.

At that point K was 111-106 (at Army and the historic power of Duke) vs. [Redacted] being 119-128 at three historically bad schools in bball (UMBC, AFA, CO).

That's very close.

NO I'm not saying he'll EVER be anyhthing like K. all i'm saying is at the same point it's not that different.

This is the dumbest analogy I have ever read.

NO I'm not say you're the dumbest person ever. all i'm saying is that based on your post it's not that different.

Consider this, from the time [Redacted] left UMBC to the time he lucked into the Nuggets job (1988-2002), Coach K won 3 national championships and made the Final 4 7 times.

ETA: Damn it, I hate Duke.

How does a team conducting an 8 month search and deciding to hire an assistant off the team = "lucking into the Nuggets job"?

I agree the parallel is not the same in those circumstances but didn't people start calling for Bz to be fired as soon as he lost a game? Actually, didn't they start calling for him to be fired before he even coached a game? Granted, K has a history of success and Bz, well he has his own history so that destroys any parallels.

I was calling for him to be fired before he was ever hired. And I was not alone by any means.

As for RJ's latest analogy between K and Bz and their time as head coaches, it has to be a parody. Even RJ isn't that fucking retarded.

here are the things we know:

1. RJ was in attendance at that 76 classic
2. When it was going on, people said it was him.
3. RJ has never denied that it is him (and has gone along with it)

4. Palmab03 was sitting next to RJ. Perhaps RJ is covering for another poster.

You're right he was coaching in the pros...yep he took a sabbatical....he was considered one of the top assistant coaches in the NBA for nearly twenty years....that really sucks..

4. Palmab03 was sitting next to RJ. Perhaps RJ is covering for another poster.

I have never denied that was me. also sitting with us was Donald Ross and LD's mom. Sitting behind us was an army of the Johnson family and Harvey's dad.

I believe this group was about 70% of the crowd.

did you miss the threads on that magical evening?

come back to scout. if ya search around a spell--hyuck, hyuck--you might could find those threads. we have all kinds of special fancy gadgets and features these days. this place is for the nasty folks. come on home.

i promis ya that paladeac'll bake ya some gingerbread with minimal cat hair, and crispy is taking on all comers for the quad's latest and greatest attraction: board bingo.

welcome home, y'all!!
tumbleweed.gif

You're right he was coaching in the pros...yep he took a sabbatical....he was considered one of the top assistant coaches in the NBA for nearly twenty years....that really sucks..

Sure he was. That's why it took him 14 years to get a head coaching job.

How does a team conducting an 8 month search and deciding to hire an assistant off the team = "lucking into the Nuggets job"?

I stand corrected; I thought it was a "battle field promotion."

Sure he was. That's why it took him 14 years to get a head coaching job.

If ypou doni't know he was one of the top asdsistant coaches in the league, then you simply don't know much about the NBA.

Back