• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Ron Wellman

Schwabber89

Reaction score
Who is this guy? I have never heard of him? I heard Wellman had a beer with him in 1998? Look at this guy's record - he has been average everywhere he has been. "He was 29-29 in five seasons at Fordham, 29-20 in four seasons at Richmond and 32-31 in five seasons with Bowling Green."

How is he going to coach in the ACC if he never coached above the MAAC? He is way too young. He never stays anywhere. I heard he drives a Volt and does pilates?

Willing to give him a shot in any event.

Welcome Coach Clawson!

this is new information. thanks for starting this thread.

Who is this guy? I have never heard of him? I heard Wellman had a beer with him in 1998? Look at this guy's record - he has been average everywhere he has been. "He was 29-29 in five seasons at Fordham, 29-20 in four seasons at Richmond and 32-31 in five seasons with Bowling Green."

How is he going to coach in the ACC if he never coached above the MAAC? He is way too young. He never stays anywhere. I heard he drives a Volt and does pilates?

Welcome Coach Clawson!

Ron Wellman should be forced to retire or fired. We still have a basketball program that has been ripped to shreds and may not recover for years, if not a decade or more.

Cute post but it doesn't change his record and his damage to our revenue sports programs.

Is there anything cuter than the Bzzzz aplogists trying to equate [Redacted] with Clawson when they are night and day.

They just can't quit that loser.

Welcome Coach Clawson!

The irony is that Buzz has posted a winning record in just one of his four head coaching spots.

Y'all make me laugh.

Claw actually turns programs around. In other words he ends up winning. [Redacted] always leaves the winning to someone else. Other than this year when Bz scheduled 19 wins (we will play 19 teams who have an RPI of 100 or worse).

Is there anything cuter than the Bzzzz aplogists trying to equate [Redacted] with Clawson when they are night and day.

Is that what this thread was about? If so, that is pretty wild, since Clawson just basically made [Redacted] look even worse.

He has also won two national COY awards in his division and four conference championships.

#TrollOn

Not to mention that if you wanted to go with the "Wellman knew him from before", you could have skipped the "had a beer" and just said that he coached at the same school that Ron Wellman attended. Good job, good effort though. You got us all.

With the FB talent remaining on this team, Claws has a long row to hoe before a turnaround can take place. Wellman should be long gone before his efforts bear any fruit.

Is that what this thread was about? If so, that is pretty wild, since Clawson just basically made [Redacted] look even worse.

Not for Schwabber, he's in love with Buzz. He's collected a bunch of torch songs to play when Buzz leaves.

Oh, and to answer the OP, yes, Wellman should be retired or fired, which ever comes first.

Back