• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Ron Wellman

This is accurate.

My point is there must be more here than meets the eye; not that we deserved Jeff fucking [Redacted]
as our remedy. As often happens, Pizza face swung too far to the other side to "correct" Dino's transgressions and the accompanying slights to the Wake--cough, cough--"way."

Can't we just call it the Bowling Green-way, at this point?

I'm pretty sure the Gaudio would prefer an assistant position at a decent program as opposed to working the worst ESPN3 games imaginable. Moon's post reinforces the reality that the guy just couldn't coach, at least not at an ACC level.

I usually see him in the studio in Charlotte working as an analyst on ESPNU.

You don't think he could get a job as an assistant at a high major program? Really?

Dino is not remotely close to being a bottom tier ESPN guy.

You know how I know? He never does color for Wake games (well, I think he did it once or twice, but those games were on actual TV).

I am guessing he isn't leaving much money on the table versus being an assistant, in return he gets a much better work / life balance.

With Ronald making a good football hire, is he still the most hated man at WFU, or does that honor fall to [Redacted]?

Glad that Wellman made a good hire for football but guess what...that is what he is supposed to do. That is his fucking job! And just because he did one thing right does not make up for a multitude of huge, enormous, soul killing fuckups. Wellmanout!

Email from Wellman today praising Don Flow.

Anyone getting the feeling he's going to give Bz an extention then put up his own billboard that says, "F--k you losers.

Dear Demon Deacons,

This week the NCAA notified us that Wake Forest has been selected to host the 2018 NCAA Division I Tennis Championships which will be the first time that the event will be held in Winston-Salem. The tournament will be held at the Wake Forest Tennis Complex which is also the home of the ATP's annual Winston-Salem Open at Wake Forest University.
Hosting the national championship tournament is an incredible opportunity for our university and community. It will attract tennis fans from all regions of the country and give us the opportunity to showcase not only our outstanding tennis facility but also our entire university and community.
Just a few years ago, Don Flow had a vision to attract a professional tennis tournament to Wake Forest University if we built a tennis facility to host the event. When Don first approached us about his concept, we also discussed constructing a facility that would attract the NCAA Tennis Championships. Not only do we host an extremely successful ATP Tennis Tournament every August but we will now host the best collegiate tennis tournament. We are indebted to Don for his vision!
Go Deacs!

WakeForestSports.com

Wake Forest Athletics
519 Deacon Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27105

To unsubscribe, click here

So one of the few things that actually is working out in our athletic department wasn't even Wellman's idea- it was Don Flow's.

Tagger is out of line. Honestly, there is no place for that.

His contract (which was extended) pays him but he can't take another coaching job.

So he is a pretty well paid espn3 analyst.

No (we don't pay him anymore), no (he was a very shot-term target for the Duquesne job), and no (espn3 analysts are not well paid compared to coaching a decent program, my brother-in-law works at ESPN).

Yes we were paying him. Yes he wouldn't have been able to take a job and have us keep paying him so yes he was a well paid analyst.

Yes we were paying him. Yes he wouldn't have been able to take a job and have us keep paying him so yes he was a well paid analyst.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Plus you just change tense to "were" and "wouldn't."

Dino was chasing coaching jobs in 2012. This is nonsense.

I changed tenses because I'm conceding that I was wrong. However at some point in the past that was the case. That's how tenses work. It's been a long time since I've given a fuck about basketball so no I am not 100% up to date.

She's an adult. It's not like she's a teenager.

Jeff [Redacted] is someone's child too you know..,

She is an adult that has nothing to do with anything people have a legitimate objection about.

Back