• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Ron Wellman

Ironically, Clawson makes [Redacted] look bad. I think having an awesome football coach is going to make some of the Schwabbers of the world wake up and demand a change in basketball.

Who is this guy? I have never heard of him? I heard Wellman had a beer with him in 1998? Look at this guy's record - he has been average everywhere he has been. "He was 29-29 in five seasons at Fordham, 29-20 in four seasons at Richmond and 32-31 in five seasons with Bowling Green."

How is he going to coach in the ACC if he never coached above the MAAC? He is way too young. He never stays anywhere. I heard he drives a Volt and does pilates?

Willing to give him a shot in any event.

Welcome Coach Clawson!

FFF-ME.gif

Ironically, Clawson makes [Redacted] look bad. I think having an awesome football coach is going to make some of the Schwabbers of the world wake up and demand a change in basketball.

Now, just a minute there. Buzz does not need Clawson in order to look bad. He could, on the other hand, ask Clawson, at the first opportunity, for a good place to buy ties.

I try to understand these Buzzdickinners like Schwabber, but I can't grasp the logic that it's cool to hire 1 of the worst coaches ever for your flagship program, have lousy teams in said program and lie and blame it on the fans, current and prior players and prior coaches as long you bring in a good football coach.

I agree, Wellman should be fired.

Wellman just saved his job. I don't think we can touch him now. Focus has to be on buzz.

With that said, I think a billboard or even an ad in the OGB welcoming Clawson is a great idea. Not sure if we would get sued, but I love the idea of using SDeacz's animation/Claws, son idea.

We could do something like:

Ron got this one right. The CLAWS, SON era has begun.

It welcomes Clawson and takes a shot at buzz at the same time.

Palma?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Tacky. You're an idiot.

You can act like a 3 year old, but don't fucking put it on a billboard

It is like I said on the other board...If Grobe resigns after 5 losing seasons after all the outstanding things he has done how can Bz stay after this one, bc it will be another losing season. Maybe there will be improvement, but the season will not be where it needs to be to validate keeping someone who has done such a terrible job the past three. He needs to be the man Grobe is.

Yes, I am happy about the fball hire so I am not wellmanout for the time being, but after this season if bz is retained if there is any gray area at all then i am back to wellman out. one or two big wins with the rest acc play a complete flop does not give reason for him to stay.

We need to have the next billboard planned bc we will need it up in a month and there will be more on board i am bettin.

The [Redacted] hiring and subsequent shitting on the fans is unforgivable. No amount of goodwill generated from football will ever undo what Wellman did to the flagship athletic program of this university.

The [Redacted] hiring and subsequent shitting on the fans is unforgivable. No amount of goodwill generated from football will ever undo what Wellman did to the flagship athletic program of this university.

TRUTH.

It still intrigues me that Gaudino was never picked up by any program anywhere.

he got paid by WFU to do teevee with ESPN which was also paying him. Double dip cash that should keep the Gaudios in cash for years

It still intrigues me that Gaudino was never picked up by any program anywhere.

he got paid by WFU to do teevee with ESPN which was also paying him. Double dip cash that should keep the Gaudios in cash for years

I'm pretty sure the Gaudio would prefer an assistant position at a decent program as opposed to working the worst ESPN3 games imaginable. Moon's post reinforces the reality that the guy just couldn't coach, at least not at an ACC level.

Last edited:
His contract (which was extended) pays him but he can't take another coaching job.

So he is a pretty well paid espn3 analyst.

Dino is no longer getting money from Wake, at least from my understanding of the situation.

This. And I might add, Wellman completely undermined himself and his reputation by his behavior toward the alumni, fans, and public after the hire of Jeff [Redacted]. Almost everytime he opens his mouth in public Wellman displays either a condescending attitude or complete disdain for the fans. (He did it again at the presser for Clawson.) Well, the fans are noticing. Check out pictures of the Joel or Grove during home games. Wellman is damaged goods beyond redemption at this point. And he has only himself to blame for it.

Back