• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE THIS MAN!!

I think anyone in the whole wide world not named Ron Wellman would recognize the situation and would have fired Buzz by now. Wake literally has the worst possible person as our athletic director, and it's very sad. Shit, I'd take this guy over Wellman as our AD right now.

gary_busey.jpeg

I'm more pissed at him than I am [Redacted]. [Redacted] is just incompetent, that happens to be a cunt of a person.

Wellman knows he is a cunt of a person and revels in it. Always the "smartest man in the room". I have no time for clowns like that.

Can this be the official WellmanOut party platform?

Quit giving money until retard is fired
No, give money to buy out his contract. It will take big money to do it. But if you want him gone., money talks. We may still be paying on Dino'scontract; then if we pay out Bz that's two K's we are paying off; then the new coach makes three. I don't know if the school can afford it. We pulled the trigger too soon on Dino; he had a 20+ win average after 3 years; Bz has got a 20+ loss season average. People whined about Dino,Skip's best friend,and look what we got. Sometimes one leaves well enough alone, but no, some wanted Dino gone. He's gone, making money at ESPN, building a good career and reputation there and look where we are.

There is historical precedent for this: in 1950 DC "Peahead" Walker wanted an increase from $8k to $9k, $1k increase. President Tribble said no, Peahead walked, went to Yale one year, then to the CFL and became the Montreal Alouettes's winningest coach (his win record was tied this year by their coach who left to coach the Chicago Bears). A man named Lombardi heard about the job opening, wanted the job, but didn't think a small southern school would hire him because of his last name ending in an "i"--per his own history which I have heard on the NFL Network. We get stuck with the football program we have struggled with since Peahead left, except the 1970 Championship year, the 1979 bowl year, 1992 bowl year and of course, the three years of 2006-2008, including a second championship.

Peahead beat Clemson 7, lost 7, I believe; we have beat them a total of 17 times total, including Peahead's 7; they have beaten us 60 times, I believe.

The point of this long diatribe is that for $1000 our football future could have been different, instead of the unfortunate painful experience it has been with years where we did not win a game. (One history I read said $1500, but two histories said $1000).

It will take a lot more than $1000 to get rid of Bz, but we have had times of distinguished and successful basketball history. We are not going that way now. On this site, people were saying that they would chip in $50, $100 to put up a "fire Bz" sign. I am afraid it will take some big money to get rid of him to help buy out his contract. We must put our money where our ....you know how it goes.

No, give money to buy out his contract. It will take big money to do it. But if you want him gone., money talks.

I legitimately thought about sending my usual donation with a post-it on the front that says it is to be used solely to assist in funding the Bz buyout and that the school is to hold the check in trust until such time as Bz as fired.

Everyday I look for an ESPN bottomline update that "[Redacted] is fired at Wake Forest."

And everyday I have been disappointed not to see it.

No, give money to buy out his contract. It will take big money to do it. But if you want him gone., money talks. We may still be paying on Dino'scontract; then if we pay out Bz that's two K's we are paying off; then the new coach makes three. I don't know if the school can afford it. We pulled the trigger too soon on Dino; he had a 20+ win average after 3 years; Bz has got a 20+ loss season average. People whined about Dino,Skip's best friend,and look what we got. Sometimes one leaves well enough alone, but no, some wanted Dino gone. He's gone, making money at ESPN, building a good career and reputation there and look where we are.

There is historical precedent for this: in 1950 DC "Peahead" Walker wanted an increase from $8k to $9k, $1k increase. President Tribble said no, Peahead walked, went to Yale one year, then to the CFL and became the Montreal Alouettes's winningest coach (his win record was tied this year by their coach who left to coach the Chicago Bears). A man named Lombardi heard about the job opening, wanted the job, but didn't think a small southern school would hire him because of his last name ending in an "i"--per his own history which I have heard on the NFL Network. We get stuck with the football program we have struggled with since Peahead left, except the 1970 Championship year, the 1979 bowl year, 1992 bowl year and of course, the three years of 2006-2008, including a second championship.

Peahead beat Clemson 7, lost 7, I believe; we have beat them a total of 17 times total, including Peahead's 7; they have beaten us 60 times, I believe.

The point of this long diatribe is that for $1000 our football future could have been different, instead of the unfortunate painful experience it has been with years where we did not win a game. (One history I read said $1500, but two histories said $1000).

It will take a lot more than $1000 to get rid of Bz, but we have had times of distinguished and successful basketball history. We are not going that way now. On this site, people were saying that they would chip in $50, $100 to put up a "fire Bz" sign. I am afraid it will take some big money to get rid of him to help buy out his contract. We must put our money where our ....you know how it goes.

Wellman can put his mouth on my...you know where that goes, if he expects a dime from anyone to fix this shitpile. Take the money from Wellman. You are right that money talks, but if everyone just stopped giving money period, Wellman's ass would be gone yesterday and we'd be looking for a real coach.

Back