• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE THIS MAN!!

When he was hired, I was wait and see. I figured, maybe we will get better as the season progressed. Though, I was skeptical of hiring a guy I had never heard of and wasn't sure how to pronounce his name.

I was at a high school football game working and heard the Stetson score announced. I thought, "oh no". I figured maybe it was just an upset; some times they happen in November. When we struggled with Hampton I figured we were in trouble. Wasn't too upset with the VCU loss because it was obvious they were a good team. I think it was the loss to UNCW that convinced me we were fucked and Buzz was not going to work.

Dead set against it. Tried to give him a shot before Stetson but it confirmed my fears.

I was 100% against it from day 1, but I didn't post then, so I guess I can't prove that. You just have to believe that I'm a realistic enough of a person to know that hiring a guy with that resume was not gonna go over well in the ACC. Fuck, it was downright embarrassing, really.

It was baffling. But who among us has the vision of Ron Wellman.

I was furious over the hire, then decided to give him a chance, then the first awful loss occurred and I was done with him.
This. I mean, the boards go way overboard with the Bz hate. The 'Coach K keeps it close on purpose and hypes Bz in the media to keep him around' stuff is ludicrous. However at this point in his tenure at Wake it's clear he needs to go. Players don't need a coach to get hyped for Duke, they need a coach to get hyped for MD and GT. [Redacted] is clearly incapable of doing this.

This. I mean, the boards go way overboard with the Bz hate. The 'Coach K keeps it close on purpose and hypes Bz in the media to keep him around' stuff is ludicrous. However at this point in his tenure at Wake it's clear he needs to go. Players don't need a coach to get hyped for Duke, they need a coach to get hyped for MD and GT. [Redacted] is clearly incapable of doing this.

Correct.

Not for nothing but we have real talent. Getting blown out on the road is just not who this team should be. Forget about their youth. It just shouldn't happen. Bzz mixed up the lineup in the face of the Maryland lineup and it was an utter disaster.

I was Bzzout when the first rumor surfaced that included his name. I wrote RW a letter that day, pleading for him to hire a decent coach, not a washed up nobody whose coaching record sucked then (as it does now.) The only word I can use to describe how I felt when I heard Bzz was hired is devastated. I knew in my gut that day, that moment, that Wake basketball just took a fatal hit. I've despised RW since that moment. Bzzz? Worthless incompetent with no self-respect.

Standing in stark contrast is Miami who has a coach who has been there three years at a private school with no basketball history.

Um, for clarification purposes, this is only Larranaga's second season at Miami. Unbelievable what he's done in such a short time compared to the shit show we've had now for three years.

I keep saying you need to fire Wellman first.

This. All the vitriol directed at the hapless Bzz is useless. It's like hating the coach of the Cowboys while Jerry Jones gets a pass and hires another incompetent.

Hated the hire the moment Jeff Goodman mentioned his name on Twitter. I had never heard of the dude. There were SOOOOOOOO MANNNNNNNYYYYYY young, good coaches out there and interested in coaching at Wake, and could have been here for decades. I will never give Bzz a fair shot, and it isn't really his fault. He just excepted a great job from his buddy. Who wouldn't do that? His coaching style and personality have only strengthened my belief that he was never the right man for the job. Wellman won't get rid of him without quitting as well. It's clear that the days of Wellman being a competent AD have long since passed him by. Enjoy Sunset Beach, fellas!

Um, for clarification purposes, this is only Larranaga's second season at Miami. Unbelievable what he's done in such a short time compared to the shit show we've had now for three years.
I had this thought watching the Canes-Wolfpack game yesterday. Here are two schools that were nothing a couple years ago. Miami was nothing and State hoped to be mediocre. They hired coaches who had clearly shown they could win in college basketball. Surprise, their programs are winning. Miami had further to go than State which makes Larranaga's accomplishments even more impressive. Miami and State are where we would be if we had hired a proven coach.

I was singularly unimpressed with the hire and figured the best that would come would be a bunch of 40 degree days. Still, I was willing to be somewhat forgiving in season one. I was pretty much BuzzOUT by the time we were 0-5 in conference, but kept quiet. I became tepidly optimistic at the start of season 2, but my point of no return was Monday, January 2, 2012 when we lost to Wofford.

I would've welcomed 40 degrees if I knew what was coming. Instead it's been one -60 degree day after another after another.

I'll admit i thought it could go either way and was willing to give him time. I knew year one would be a shit stain no matter what but when we lost at home to Wofford last year over Xmas break. That was when I lost it. I absolutely despise this dickbag.

I had this thought watching the Canes-Wolfpack game yesterday. Here are two schools that were nothing a couple years ago. Miami was nothing and State hoped to be mediocre. They hired coaches who had clearly shown they could win in college basketball. Surprise, their programs are winning. Miami had further to go than State which makes Larranaga's accomplishments even more impressive. Miami and State are where we would be if we had hired a proven coach.

We probably could have had either one of them instead of Bz if Wellman had gone after them.

Back