• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

A question for the lawyers, would indicating to Manafort that if he shuts up or lies he will get a pardon be considered obstruction, a conspiracy to defraud or witness tampering?

Not sure how you can take a text seriously when it comes from a phone with such low battery.

Reactions: ONW
Why wouldn't everyone expect Assange and Manafort to be in contact? Aren't most people here in contact with people in their offices? Manafort and Assange are both Russian government assets working on the same project. It would be extremely odd if they weren't in contact.

If this is confirmed, is this concrete evidence of collusion, or a direct violation of the law? Basically how big is this?

Big how? I don’t think it will swing Senate Republicans because it won’t swing the Republican base.

If this is confirmed, is this concrete evidence of collusion, or a direct violation of the law? Basically how big is this?

I suppose it depends on what was discussed in these meetings. But given that the embassy is located in London and Ecuador’s intelligence agency has already gone on the record, I would be surprised if there are no transcripts of the meeting available to Mueller.

So it might not be the final nail in the coffin, but it’s a pretty fucking big deal.

Big how? I don’t think it will swing Senate Republicans because it won’t swing the Republican base.

This is a big question mark as well.

I agree, it won’t swing the base but does it pick off another couple of percentage points on his approval rating? You start getting into dangerous territory with an approval rating in low 30s...low enough where it may finally be politically advantageous to tell Trump to go fuck hinself.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the scenario mentioned above but I think it’s something to keep an eye on.

above all else, the lesson of the 2016 election: Rubes won't care

Maybe but at a certain point if you broke the law, you broke the law. I also wouldn't be surprised to see establishment pubs jump on board if it was a clear and open opportunity to oust Trump.

Maybe but at a certain point if you broke the law, you broke the law. I also wouldn't be surprised to see establishment pubs jump on board if it was a clear and open opportunity to oust Trump.

lol...Lindsay Graham is totally going to jump on this opportunity.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see establishment pubs jump on board if it was a clear and open opportunity to oust Trump.

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

No, no you did not. #pardon. Look! Mexican invaders! 12:00 tee time, Gotta waddle!

-DT

No way they jump ship unless it’s politically advantageous for them to do it (see my post above).

I naively and wrongly thought they would stand up for our country back in 2016/2017 but they clearly give zero fucks about anything other than staying in power.

Back