• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Too exaggerated? Care to elaborate?

You can't state with certainty what the fuck this plea deal means. It could be that Mueller charged (and received a plea) on the best charge he could bring. It could be the prelude to something else. But acting like this plea definitively means anything right now is just blind hope.

I think the best indication that this isn't merely the best charge Mueller could bring is that they were allegedly set to convene a grand jury for Flynn before recently deciding not to. Could mean they didn't think they had anything, but I think more likely it indicates that they reached a deal where Flynn offered up more information.

I agree though that it's difficult looking at the plea alone to determine what it means.

I don't know what dirt Flynn has or who he has agreed to roll, but the facts indicate that he's got something of significant value. There are a lot of publicly known misdeeds that Flynn could have been charged with and wasn't - i.e. not disclosing his income from Russia and his lobbying for Turkey, the scheme to kidnap that Turkish cleric, etc. I guess it is possible that Mueller determined that all that stuff was smoke and not chargeable, but it seems more likely that Mueller has agreed not to pursue those charges in exchange for Flynn's cooperation. That would tend to indicate that Flynn's cooperation is valuable. Where that leads, who knows.

It leads right here

I don't know what dirt Flynn has or who he has agreed to roll, but the facts indicate that he's got something of significant value. There are a lot of publicly known misdeeds that Flynn could have been charged with and wasn't - i.e. not disclosing his income from Russia and his lobbying for Turkey, the scheme to kidnap that Turkish cleric, etc. I guess it is possible that Mueller determined that all that stuff was smoke and not chargeable, but it seems more likely that Mueller has agreed not to pursue those charges in exchange for Flynn's cooperation. That would tend to indicate that Flynn's cooperation is valuable. Where that leads, who knows.

In Mafia lingo, Flynn would have been a Capo in the Trump Family. I'm guessing a Capo doesn't get a deal for turning on a soldier or street guy. He's got to be giving info on someone at his level or above.

Perp walk for jared?

It leads right here

CsINU9ZWIAAhkat.jpg

Just imagine someone doing what trump has done but not being an idiot.

We’re doomed

I've been arguably the most outspoken about Team Trump's connections to Russia on this board (dating back to summer 2016). I am happy we are seeking the truth and finally bringing traitors to justice.

But dear lord, I am by no means popping champagne riscdeac. We are all losers in this historical scandal and we will all be paying the price for this for years if not decades to come.

This entire scandal is sad and tragic.

Back