• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Within five hours of Donald asking Russia to look into Hillary's "missing emails," Russian intelligence targeted Hillary's personal office.

So materially impairing is not obstructing?

Man, lawyers suck.

Mueller just legally paved the way in about 20 pages of the report for Congress to bring obstruction charges. Have some fucking gonads, Nancy.

So materially impairing is not obstructing?

Man, lawyers suck.

From the portions I've read so far, Mueller struggled with a "binary determination" of whether the sitting president obstructed justice in light of the debate over: 1) whether the sitting president can in fact be indicted and 2) whether it would hinder the president's ability to govern. Therefore, he decided not to offer a specific prosecutorial judgment on the charges but concluded that they did not have confidence that the President "did not" obstruct justice.

Sounds like Trump and family better win in 2020.

Mueller just legally paved the way in about 20 pages of the report for Congress to bring obstruction charges. Have some fucking gonads, Nancy.

Yeah I think that's the primary takeaway. He says he doesn't reach a conclusion one way or the other but that there is evidence out there for Congress to act on should it choose to do so.

So no recommendation on criminal prosecution in light of the gray area of indicting a sitting president, but certainly a nudge towards Congress to get off their ass and do something.

I shouldn't be surprised, but damn the Barr summary is even more ridiculous in light of the full Mueller report than I originally thought it would be. And I knew it was likely an absurd summary.

Barr's statement today that the President did not attempt to interfere with Mueller's investigation is directly at odds with what Mueller himself found:

"At that point, the President engaged in a second phase of conduct, involving public attacks on the investigation, non-public efforts to control it, and efforts in both public and private to encourage witnesses not to cooperate with the investigation."

Barr also lied about the Gates, Manafort, Kilimnick cigar store meeting.

sounds like a nothingburger. No one really cares about obstruction, and there's no bombshells other than what's already been leaked the past few years re/ Manafort Papadapolous.

What live odds can we get on the following?

1) Bill Barr impeached
2) Donald Trump impeached
3) Donald Trump indicted (either during or post-presidency)

I'd set them at:

1) Yes (+140)
2) Yes (+250)
3) Yes (-120)

These are total guesses.

sounds like a nothingburger. No one really cares about obstruction, and there's no bombshells other than what's already been leaked the past few years re/ Manafort Papadapolous.

Exactly. Reading the report I would be so proud to support this President.

Trump was duty bound to obstruct the attempted coup

You tailpipe porkers are really desperate and pathetic

It’s over. You lost again. Trump wins again.

Congress ain’t doing shit
Like everything else in your life, this presidency will turn into complete shit.

Back