• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Day w/ the ACA... ClusterFuck

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Maybe the Dems should have taken up the delay -- even the most left leaning rags are filled with tales of bungled attempts to sign up.

Good to see that outside the extra expense we can all expect the same fuggin bureaucracy to thrive.

Hats off DC!

Clearly Obama's coding skills need work.

No reason to scrap the whole program over yesterday, but the calls for delaying the software implementation deadline were justified.

There still would have been a first day and bugs to work out.

Last edited:
why does this thread exist when there is another called "ACA running thread"?

Of course there would be, but it wouldn't have been the shit show it was yesterday.

Do you know that? Even moreso, any level of problems would be portrayed as a shit show.

Sometimes you've got to take your lumps and learn with a eye toward the future.

Plenty of time to sign up, get the bugs out. BFD.

Yea, we need 4-5 more threads on the ACA.

Do you know that? Even moreso, any level of problems would be portrayed as a shit show.

Sometimes you've got to take your lumps and learn with a eye toward the future.

As someone who has been involved in the development and implementation of large scale software systems with the US Government, I very respectfully disagree.

People are so dug in on both sides of this issue, that nobody is allowed to criticize an individual component of the process without being seen as being in staunch opposition to the ACA.

I'm well on board with the ACA at this point. I don't like the law, but I recognize that reform will be done to make it better going forward and I think the opponents of the law are acting like children, which makes it hard for anyone to levy any legit criticism without it being cast aside as more of the same old childish opposition.

I happen to think they rushed this part of the implementation for political reasons, when it seems clear another couple months would have made things run more smoothly at the start. All yesterday did was add fuel to the fire for the opposition.

Sure was a lot of interest from Americans who supposedly are losing their liberty, freedom, and allowing big government to ensnare them.....

This is another good one. Political reasons? Really?

We're talking about what, 20+ individual websites built across the country with one giant healthcare.gov site covering multiple states on its own that also links together all the others? And instead of a nice normal rollout with expected numbers based on uncovered individuals in the US - the shutdown occurs the day the site goes live driving obscenely high numbers of users to the sites - numbers they will never have to support again in the next decade.

The idea that all of the individual private contracts, SLA's, coordination efforts, release dates, integration tests, and deadlines that are planned from October to January 1st when coverage must start is not something you can just wave your hand at and say "let's just push this back a few weeks" and produce any meaningful improvements.

An implementation of this size is going to struggle. At least, short of throwing absolutely obscene levels of funding at it (which I'm sure everyone is glad they did NOT do, provided it gets ironed out by November), it's going to struggle.

If they're still having these issues in mid-November across the board - blast the funding, the plan, and the companies responsible for the project. But calling the launch "political" is such a simplistic view - albeit a popular buzz phrase in the media - that it's hard to take seriously. Looking at a program this size and having someone at the Congressional level call for a delay - now that would be political.

They all need to hire LK then.

You have to love a piece of legislation wherein the architects and the peddlers want no fucking part of it. hahahahaha...

C'mon Bobby baby, tell me again, because I'm clearly not a college grad paying a quarter mil to be a shill,why the fuck have the people pushing this boondoggle labeled themselves "exempt"? Explain in lay-mans terms why all the Democrats pushing this grandiose piece of shit have opted out?

Hey, Ph,don't feel left out...feel free to throw your over priced shingle into the ring. :)

You have to love a piece of legislation wherein the architects and the peddlers want no fucking part of it. hahahahaha...

C'mon Bobby baby, tell me again, because I'm clearly not a college grad paying a quarter mil to be a shill,why the fuck have the people pushing this boondoggle labeled themselves "exempt"? Explain in lay-mans terms why all the Democrats pushing this grandiose piece of shit have opted out?

Hey, Ph,don't feel left out...feel free to throw your over priced shingle into the ring. :)

Maybe they've opted out because they get healthcare through their employer, just like any other American can who also gets healthcare through their employer?

If they didn't exempt their employees, they'd have to redo the entire pay structure to keep them on the job. Then you'd bitch about DC staffers being paid fair market value.

The Vitter Amendment=dramatic pay cut to Congressional staffers. What a shock Republicans want to cut the pay of hardworking people but protect the rich.

Back