• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Day w/ the ACA... ClusterFuck

There have been multiple stories recently (Gloria Borger wrote one, I think) that essentially say that the President doesn't like "drama," so people don't tell him stuff. I don't know if that concept is more difficult to believe or to disbelieve.

There have been multiple stories recently (Gloria Borger wrote one, I think) that essentially say that the President doesn't like "drama," so people don't tell him stuff. I don't know if that concept is more difficult to believe or to disbelieve.

How can you be the second most powerful man on earth and not like "drama"? And, in case folks have not noticed, not liking "drama" has sure led to an awful lot of it.

In today's news the lead IT guy from the administration has now testified that 60-70% of the web site has yet to be built. Say wha?? How can the President seriously say he knew NOTHING about this clusterfuck?

REP. CORY GARDNER: Well how much do we have to build today, still? What do we need to build? 50 percent? 40 percent? 30 percent?

HENRY CHAO: I think it's, uh, just an approximation, we're probably sitting somewhere between 60 and 70 percent because we still have to build...

GARDNER: Wait, 60 or 70 percent that needs to be built, still?

CHAO: Because we still have to build the payment systems to make payments to insurers in January.

GARDNER: Let me get this correct. Sixty to 70 percent of Healthcare.gov still needs to be built?

CHAO: It's not really about Healthcare.gov -- it's the federally-facilitated marketplace.

GARDNER: The entire system that the American people are being required to rely upon...

CHAO: Healthcare.gov -- the online application, verification, determination, plan compare, getting enrolled, generating the enrollment transaction -- that's 100 percent there.

GARDNER: But the entire system is 60 to 70 percent away from being complete.

CHAO: There's the back office systems, the accounting systems, the payment systems...they still need to be done.

Anyone still trying to claim the 10/1 go live wasn't a disaster?

Reactions: ITK
So, there is no way for the insureds to currently make payments on their policies that will get to the insurers? Am I understanding that correctly? If that is the case, how do the handful of people that have managed to get through the system have functioning insurance at this point?

The collapse of this entire boondoggle is not far off.

The Republicans wanted to end Obamacare for good, not delay it for a year. And they didn't want to delay it because it wasn't ready.

Obama should have delayed it until Jan 1 but it would have been a political loss to do so.

The Republicans wanted to end Obamacare for good, not delay it for a year. And they didn't want to delay it because it wasn't ready.

Obama should have delayed it until Jan 1 but it would have been a political loss to do so.

No doubt about that but they were asking for a year delay to fund the government. In hindsight (hindsight the President should have had) that would have been a golden ticket.

You talking about this?

LK, you were right, man. I appreciate your level of knowledge and candor. And like any good poster, you make it clear when you were right and want those who disagreed with you to bow down and kiss the ring. I respect that.

No reason to scrap the whole program over yesterday, but the calls for delaying the software implementation deadline were justified.

There still would have been a first day and bugs to work out.

Of course there would be, but it wouldn't have been the shit show it was yesterday.

Do you know that? Even moreso, any level of problems would be portrayed as a shit show.

Sometimes you've got to take your lumps and learn with a eye toward the future.

http://washingtonstatewire.com/blog...ident-cant-afford-obamacare-policy-after-all/

Jessica Sanford, the Federal Way woman who got a shout-out from President Obama last month with her fan letter for the Affordable Care Act, got a rather rude awakening last week. Turns out she doesn’t qualify for a tax credit after all.

At least that’s what the letter said that she got from the state. Now she says her dream of affordable health insurance has gone poof. She can’t afford it. She’ll have to go without. “I’m really terribly embarrassed,” she says. “It has completely turned around on me. I mean, completely.”

And like any good poster, you make it clear when you were right and want those who disagreed with you to bow down and kiss the ring. I respect that.

Game respect game.

137.jpg

This one is terrible. (That's the Challenger explosion if you don't recognize it)

Back