• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fischer is ACC Rookie of the Week

nom nom nom

450px-King..Premuim.jpg

Been a very pleasant surprise. Amazing how much better he has looked from game one.

My favorite play of his last night was when he had the ball at the top of the key, drove into the lane and did a spin move, jumped up for a shot and then spotted an open Nikita on the block for an and-1. Displayed good handling, athleticism and vision. Also, I think other ACC teams are going to hate him for the next few years.

Chase can play better than he has so far. He is still learning the ropes.

I really like what I have seen from Fischer so far.

I was telling 511 that he has potential to be one of those guys that you love when he is on your team but hate when he is on another team.

I was telling 511 that he has potential to be one of those guys that you love when he is on your team but hate when he is on another team.

Let's hold off a while before we anoint Chase as the next "shooter with attitude".

Can't take it again.

Love what I saw out of him last night though.

Let's hold off a while before we anoint Chase as the next "shooter with attitude".

Can't take it again.

Love what I saw out of him last night though.

Notice I said "potential".

He appears confident but conscientious, which is good. I look forward to seeing him become more assertive in his shot selection, but it is nice to see him working hard to play within the offense. He does not look particularly overmatched, especially for a freshman.

I was telling 511 that he has potential to be one of those guys that you love when he is on your team but hate when he is on another team because he's white.

FIFY

His use of the rim to finish in transition was most impressive to me yesterday. He's obviously going to have to be crafty around the rim in order to get it over ACC shot blockers.

His use of the rim to finish in transition was most impressive to me yesterday. He's obviously going to have to be crafty around the rim in order to get it over ACC shot blockers.

This is true and worth repeating.
I am confident in his shooting, decision making and to my surprise, ability to create offense. I was not unhappy to have a 3 guard lineup yest when McKie slid over to PF because it meant keeping Chase on the floor which was working.

Biggest than to me is that he's 6'4" and athletic. I think IAI nailed it earlier in the year when he said Chase could be a future Andy Rautins. Same type of game.

YES, YES

It is frustrating to watch small guys break down defenses only to get blocked at the rim because they do not use the rim to protect the ball. Fischer appears to have the fundamental skills that have been lacking in several of our recent higher ranked recruits.

To all Buzz Outers, may you go the way of all those who really don[t make a differnece in what you thnk Your obvious ignorance of basketball IQ shows just how ignorant uou really are. It must have been a real trauma when you did'nt make your 6th. rade team.

Back