• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fischer is ACC Rookie of the Week

To all Buzz Outers, may you go the way of all those who really don[t make a differnece in what you thnk Your obvious ignorance of basketball IQ shows just how ignorant uou really are. It must have been a real trauma when you did'nt make your 6th. rade team.

kinda early to be drunk old man

To all Buzz Outers, may you go the way of all those who really don[t make a differnece in what you thnk Your obvious ignorance of basketball IQ shows just how ignorant uou really are. It must have been a real trauma when you did'nt make your 6th. rade team.

Not the time or the place.

Oh, my...

I'm as BzzIn as they come (watching our team, I think he can coach, and smart people that I trust a lot have known Bz for a while and think he can coach too), but it's too early to deem this season a success or failure. Last season was a failure, but I think it was a failure for the right reasons. This season? Who knows. If we get 15 wins, I'll sing his praises all day. 12 wins and I'll levy my judgments in 2012-13. 9 wins and I'll be the first to say that we should have done better.

My favorite play of the NCCU game was somewhere in the middle of the second half, and AF was leading the break. He hit Travis in the corner for what would have been a bit of a hurried, but open 3 as a guy was closing in on him. Instead Travis passed it back to Chase who had found an open spot for a 3 from the wing, and Chase drained it. No hesitation from anyone. They all saw it, made the right decisions quickly and executed it.

My favorite play of the NCCU game was somewhere in the middle of the second half, and AF was leading the break. He hit Travis in the corner for what would have been a bit of a hurried, but open 3 as a guy was closing in on him. Instead Travis passed it back to Chase who had found an open spot for a 3 from the wing, and Chase drained it. No hesitation from anyone. They all saw it, made the right decisions quickly and executed it.

I think the exact same thing happened later except that it was Chase passing on a pretty open 3 to give CJ a wide open look from the corner. Those kinds of passes are how you shoot high percentages from deep - and any team that shoots 50% or more from 3 is a tough win. If we're going to steal a few this year, that's how we'll have to do it.

The reverse layups in traffic were something you rarely see from a freshman playing his first few games. Not sure what his ceiling is, but he sure is off to a nice start.

I saw Chase score 11 hard earned points when LD was guarding him in a box and one. That was impressive because he showed that he was physically tough. Also, he went something like 2-14 when CJ was guarding him this past summer. He will have some off shooting nights from time to time, however when they start running him off screens and get him more open looks I am sure he will score over 20 on occasion. He has a pretty high ceiling and should get around 12 points a game which will put him in some pretty impressive company.

Congrats, Chase! Hope he earns a couple of these throughout the season.

I think the exact same thing happened later except that it was Chase passing on a pretty open 3 to give CJ a wide open look from the corner. Those kinds of passes are how you shoot high percentages from deep - and any team that shoots 50% or more from 3 is a tough win. If we're going to steal a few this year, that's how we'll have to do it.

The reverse layups in traffic were something you rarely see from a freshman playing his first few games. Not sure what his ceiling is, but he sure is off to a nice start.

It has been fun watching these guys so far, and watching them play the game well. I think we'll do a lot of things right, but competing on the boards is going to be very tough.

Was Chase a target under the Dino Gaudio administration or just straight Bzzzin

Chase never made the top100 lists except BGibbons evaluated him at one of his clinics as a 94 which means he should be a impact player as a freshman at a high major. He was ranked in his top100 for a while.

Back