• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FiveThirtyEight midterms projections update: Republicans favored to take the Senate

Leaders don't work for "congress" they work for their caucuses.

Pelosi is a really good leader. McConnell is the greatest strategist of our time (sobcry). The other two....

Reid is a champion, specifically in outlasting Eric Holder in the "Most Inexplicable Continued Stranglehold on a Powerful Position Despite a Prolong and Diverse Record of Acts Which For Anyone Else Would Have Killed One's Career Three or More Years Ago" Nobel Prize. He's managed to "accomplish" (not so much, but I needed a verb) most of the last two years despite being clinically deceased. Round of Highballs for W&B and the boys on me in the good and hallowed name of Harold Reid.

Boehner's done well enough for a Clemson grad. All things in perspective.

what a stupid article. It is rare that I read something and cannot find any common ground or empathy for the writer's position, but this is that rare article.

The only thing I can say that kind of agrees with him is that I think another federal holiday on the 2d Tuesday of November is a bad idea - much better to have voting on the first Saturday in November instead, to avoid the additional cost to the economy of a mandated holiday.

Such an obvious solution. What is the argument against moving Election Day to Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Such an obvious solution. What is the argument against moving Election Day to Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Southern redneck Republican voters are too busy watching football on weekends and they might be marginalized.

Back