• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fla. Sociology professor tweets Texans deserved Harvey for supporting Trump

Remember feelings over and facts so this feels like the right list for most racist to least racist.

Top 10 racist states

1. Mississippi
2. Alabama
3. South Carolina
4. North Carolina
5. Georgia
6. Tennessee
7. Arkansas
8. Louisiana
9. Texas
10. Arizona

Least racist
1. Hawaii
2. New York
3. Vermont
4. New Hampshire
5. Rhode Island
6. Connecticut
7. New Jersey
8. Pennsylvania
9. Maine
10. Ohio

I feel like you are spring-loaded in the dumb position.

Liberals passively refer to deplorable republican voters as 'deplorables' - conservatives express butt hurt and then smugly laugh that it cost the Dems the election.

Liberals get tough and fight back against deplorables, conservatives express butt hurt and outrage that someone would call someone else a bad name.

You fuckers are priceless

I am stunned that PA, NJ and OH are theoretically less racist than CA, WA and OR.

How did every state surrounding Massachusetts get into the Least racist list, including the ones less than an hour from Boston, but MA doesn't make the list ?

There is also no way NC should be considered more racist than Tennessee or Arizona.

I don’t think so. This is the sort of thing that most people don’t know, but the Urban Dictionary says “Becky” means “a basic bitch.” It also means “hot white girl” and denotes a woman who enjoys giving oral sex.

Naw, the slang term "Becky" comes from the UK, from Victoria Beckham. But yes, it does mean those things.

Serious question if there were a study that examined nationally the impact and role of systemic racism would you believe it?

I believed the one that was posted, as I confirmed that Boston and Chicago are likely racist in picking resumes. You are the one who proclaimed that Boston isn't a ragingly racist city despite all evidence to the contrary. Whether picking resumes off of name preference meets the definition of "systemic racism" is a completely different issue. Picking the black kid over the white kid for the basketball team is racism, but is it systemic racism? Depends on your definition. With any "study" I look at more than just the title and conclusion headline stamped on it by the media.

I believed the one that was posted, as I confirmed that Boston and Chicago are likely racist in picking resumes. You are the one who proclaimed that Boston isn't a ragingly racist city despite all evidence to the contrary. Whether picking resumes off of name preference meets the definition of "systemic racism" is a completely different issue. Picking the black kid over the white kid for the basketball team is racism, but is it systemic racism? Depends on your definition. With any "study" I look at more than just the title and conclusion headline stamped on it by the media.

No you don't. You just form your own opinion, completely separate from the facts, and argue that point from now until the end of time.

How do employers know if Tyrone or Jerome grew up in two parent households or not?

I didn't argue at all that Boston isn't a "ragingly racist" city. You just completely made that up

No, oystercatchers are a type of bird. I believe you are thinking of the term "oyster cracker."

Well played.

Speaking of oystercatchers, do they really eat oysters and clams? How do they get their shells open - I'm assuming long, sharp beak? Or do they drop them on rocks like larger predatory birds do? And is that not an oystercatcher as you avatar?

Well played.

Speaking of oystercatchers, do they really eat oysters and clams? How do they get their shells open - I'm assuming long, sharp beak? Or do they drop them on rocks like larger predatory birds do? And is that not an oystercatcher as you avatar?

Yes, my Avatar is an Oystercather. They are my favorite bird.

Oystercatchers do indeed eat bivalves, along with other marine invertebrates (fascinatingly, in Europe, oycs have adapted to eating earthworms and other terrestrial invertebrates in farmland as coastal development destroyed lots of their natural habitats). They generally use two methods: slicing them open with a long sharp beak or hammering them open and the hinge with their beak. The methodological approach is usually static within an individual over their life and the behavior appears to be learned from parents who teach their off spring how to hunt and open shells.

Cool, thanks for the info. Figured I'd lob you 1 at the net, and you didn't disappoint. And thought I'd get a free oyc lesson to boot.

But I still hate Canada geese.

Cool, thanks for the info. Figured I'd lob you 1 at the net, and you didn't disappoint. And thought I'd get a free oyc lesson to boot.

But I still hate Canada geese.

8_a0_4929_3_american-oystercatcher-greg_gard_kk.jpg

Back