• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

That 2011 team should’ve made it to the ACCCG. Damn you Grobe for choking away that Clemson game in DV.
That's sort of on Grobe no doubt, but he really expected his kicker to make a 26 yard field goal with 6 minutes to go, to put us up by 10. Sort of KILLED momentum.

Or am I mis-remembering?

32 yards with 8:45 to go, but yeah. Our next two drives went for a total of 5 yards.

From worst to least worst (in-person at the event only, not general insufferableness)

Pitt
Louisville
FSU
Syracuse
VT
Clemson
UNC
State
Duke
BC
GT
Uva

No experience: Miami
Insert Maryland near the top. . . . they were terrible, especially the late 90s to the mid 2000s. . .

I remember the 2007 game, when we were down big, late into the 3rd, then alphonso smith made that pick, and took it back, they were still trash talking. . . all the way to that L!

but talk about insufferable, they were even cursing at little kids, just because.

Insert Maryland near the top. . . . they were terrible, especially the late 90s to the mid 2000s. . .

I remember the 2007 game, when we were down big, late into the 3rd, then alphonso smith made that pick, and took it back, they were still trash talking. . . all the way to that L!

but talk about insufferable, they were even cursing at little kids, just because.
Yeah, some twerps thought it would be cool to harass my teenage daughters

If the OL plays like they did last year vs. FSU, we have a legitimate shot. That is a massive "if", though. Other than a couple drives in the 2nd half when FSU was making their comeback, that was the best OL performance from Wake I've seen in years.

If the OL plays like they did last year vs. FSU, we have a legitimate shot. That is a massive "if", though. Other than a couple drives in the 2nd half when FSU was making their comeback, that was the best OL performance from Wake I've seen in years.
I watched it again on ACCN during the offseason. They absolutely manhandled the FSU d line. Ellison looked like a first team All ACC back.

FSU's leading receiver from that game is now at Utah, and their leading RB is now at K State.

If Clawson starts Griffis only to have to take him out and play Marucci then surely the man knows its time for a change. That scenario might be the best for the program.

I watched it again on ACCN during the offseason. They absolutely manhandled the FSU d line. Ellison looked like a first team All ACC back.

FSU's leading receiver from that game is now at Utah, and their leading RB is now at K State.
Well, unfortunately we ain't got the same offensive line either and I think FSU has satisfactorily replaced those those guys. Oh, we ain't got the same QB either.

Jaeger Bull played like a man possessed as well blocking at TE as I believe Whiteheart was out with an injury

Jaeger Bull played like a man possessed as well blocking at TE as I believe Whiteheart was out with an injury
I think what was so shocking in the Louisville debacle last year was our Oline did a really good job in pass protection against FSU and Clemson earlier in the season. Against Louisville, we couldn't keep them off Sam?

Back