• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

I'd say 50% total FSU blowout, 30% FSU close-ish win where they pull away late by a couple scores, 15% chance very tight FSU win where we blow some chances to get it done, and 5% Deacs victory!

Our defense has been so abominably bad for so many years that we've generally had no shot against a Top 10 team if their offense has a pulse.

And UVA was not as bad as their record. I'm surprised that the line was that high, looking back at it now.
Yeah, UVA has looked decent at times, they play really hard too, but they haven't looked very well coached.

Maryland fans slashed the tires of the WF team bus on their campus during the Josh Howard years

Hard to be shittier than that
It was pre-Howard, the 98-99 season. We had to take a UMD campus bus all the way to BWI from Cole Fieldhouse to catch our charter by a certain time or we couldn’t take off that night.

I went to Byrd Stadium a few times. Never had anymore of a problem there than anywhere else, and I’m a single female who goes by myself almost all the time. Maybe it’s my strong RBF that deters potential menaces, but I’ve been to every ACC stadium (sans Pitt) and I would gladly take back Maryland if it meant getting rid of Louisville. State fans have earned some familial capital—they’re the cousin who’s never been anywhere, won anything but talk a real big game. Eventually those delusions of grandeur become reality and they simmer down to assume their rightful spot on the throne of mediocrity. Cousin Lou is the family regret. He’s always getting arrested, has never apologized for stealing from meemaw, and he makes pacifists wanna throw hands. I would not miss them for a minute if they fled. I’d help them fill out the paperwork.

I don’t agree with some who rate VT so high on the list of awful fan bases. I was at the game in Blacksburg two weeks ago and also there in 2019. Both were great experiences - people were welcoming and hospitable, inviting us into tailgates, giving us food/drink, just wanting to talk football. Engaged fans in the stands, some friendly banter but all good stuff.

Broad generalization here but they just seem like decent country folk (I no joke had three separate people ask me if I was carrying a pocketknife, because “they don’t allow those into the stadium anymore and I don’t want you to get in trouble” - I appreciated their sincerity and the sentiment).

I don’t agree with some who rate VT so high on the list of awful fan bases. I was at the game in Blacksburg two weeks ago and also there in 2019. Both were great experiences - people were welcoming and hospitable, inviting us into tailgates, giving us food/drink, just wanting to talk football. Engaged fans in the stands, some friendly banter but all good stuff.

Broad generalization here but they just seem like decent country folk (I no joke had three separate people ask me if I was carrying a pocketknife, because “they don’t allow those into the stadium anymore and I don’t want you to get in trouble” - I appreciated their sincerity and the sentiment).
This sounds like someone who was not at the 2006 VaTech game.

Back