• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

Rumors swirling that during halftime clawson tried to get Santino to wear Mitch's jersey for the second half so that he could prove the fans wrong about his decision making.

No one is saying that. People are upset that despite everyone knowing Griffis is terrible, he was put out there again to start.

According to several different statistics, Griffis is the worst QB in D1, yet our staff keep putting him out there. This is what is upsetting. No one is saying Santino would win this game, but people are asking why is the worst QB in the NCAA still playing?
And I am 100% right there agreeing with every comment.

It's just crazy that the assumption is that Marucci will turn it all around.

Yes, 100% he should be given the opportunity....he should have been much earlier than today.

But it seems like the attitude here from some is that "OMG, If we had just put Marucci in, or if Marucci had started, we could be in this game!!!"....its possible, but some are judging Clawson as a coach and his future as this team's coach based on one QB.

None of this is to argue that Mitch should have seen the field in any of this game or the last 2. But the theory that there is an answer SOMEWHERE and Clawson should be fired because he won't find it is just purely idiotic. Sometimes there ISN'T an immediate answer.

Sometimes there ISN'T a QB on a team that can win games. Yes that's on Coach too, but anyone saying he should resign today or that we should think about firing him are just pathetic fans.
I personally don’t think Marucci would have changed the outcome in a material way. I still think he should have started.

Well, back to outside for another 5 minutes of blowing leaves.

Mitch should have been bumped down the pecking order after 4 games, maybe sooner...nowhere, anywhere, have I been any sort of supporter of Mitch.

But until the Coach proves he can't win (hint, 4-3 doesn't prove that) then I'm not going to call for his resignation or firing.

All arguments about the QB are valid. No arguments about Mitch, and haven't supported him this year after seeing him play for a game or two.

I do support Coach Clawson.

So you don’t support Mitch, but do support Clawson. Are you able to connect the dots and acknowledge that Clawson is the one who is responsible for Mitch? Or is it all Mitch’s fault.

I support Clawson, too, generally, but it’s OK to criticize him for specific decisions that are absolutely terrible.

I personally don’t think Marucci would have changed the outcome in a material way. I still think he should have started.
It absolutely would have been a significantly different score..the Defense did their job, and each time we got the ball, Mitch got sacked 7 seconds after the snap.

Marucci led a game winning drive. Midge led a drive into the red zone that produced a field goal

Back