• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flyover at State game

Wakefan77

Reaction score
Just reading some info on the WS airshow and noticed from my reading (based on the individuals info) that the B2 will be doing a flyover at the airshow around 3:30. Please tell me they can make this work for the game since it's at the same time. Anyone with any connections on here know anything?

imgres

Sweet. How awesome would it be if they opened up the bomb bay doors and dropped confetti or streamers?

Sweet. How awesome would it be if they opened up the bomb bay doors and dropped confetti or streamers?

Maybe they could drop a cluster bomb filled with confetti or streamers! That would be awsome and really get a charge out of the folks!

All I know is that there will be several jets at the airshow. I expect something without a prop to come flying over at 3:30. There's also a team of F-104's at the show. These would be good as they are super fast.

I love this game every year. We get the football game and an airshow at the same time.

Maybe they could drop a cluster bomb on the Joel and put us out of our misery.

How much would it cost to get one of them to sky-write "BzzOut" in smoke above the field?

We know the guy who is the airboss for the show. My wife bugged the crap out of him for years to get flyovers at the Wake game. A few years back, he changed the flight plans so after the planes flyover the airport, they circle back over the stadium so there were almost constant 'flyovers', albeit at higher altitudes.

For the actual flyover - at 1,000 feet - Wake has to specifically request it. They have the last few years, but I don't know if they did this year or not.

Could someone who is going to be at the game get this on video and post it here later? Flyovers are pretty much the coolest thing ever.

We know the guy who is the airboss for the show. My wife bugged the crap out of him for years to get flyovers at the Wake game. A few years back, he changed the flight plans so after the planes flyover the airport, they circle back over the stadium so there were almost constant 'flyovers', albeit at higher altitudes.

Tell them we appreciate the change. Last year was great. We watched planes fly over for an hour or so.

I'm hoping the University requests a fly-over with a military plane...especially since Sunday is the 10th Anniv. of 9/11.

I always like it when Wake alum do the fly-overs. Chills.

Back