• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flyover at State game

It would be classless and an embarrassment to the University. And yes you have that option and some would like for you to exercise it.

Obviously not the same thing, but in your opinion would protesting the government be classless and an embarrassment to the country?

Oh, and I'm not a quitter, so I won't exercise that other option.

I was at Lambert International in STL waiting to come back to Raleigh and was entertained by about 15 fighter jets taking off. The first one caught me off guard. It basically accelerated on the ground and then immediately banked straight up. AWESOME.

Obviously not the same thing, but in your opinion would protesting the government be classless and an embarrassment to the country?

Oh, and I'm not a quitter, so I won't exercise that other option.

There is a difference between civil, reasoned protest and silly, childish pranks.

Ahh I'll never forget those F-15's at the 2007 Army/Wake game.

There was a great pic of this one floating around back then, taken from field level at one end of the stadium. tI looked like the F-15's were flying right through the opposite goalposts. Anyone still have this?

I don't have this but they have a picture of this in Bridger in the Sports Marketing office's lobby. If it isn't that picture then it is very similar and really cool looking.

The closest thing to a flyover today was State's 4th down TD bomb! :)

Yeah, i saw it but it wasn't nearly as close as years past. I wouldn't even cal that a flyover. It was pretty cool though, having never seen one. I kelt hoping it'd make a pass over us.

B2 was visible from West stands. Made a couple of passes at a distance. Could see the bottom of the aircraft (really cool) as it turned, also back, front, and side as it flew. Incredibly small profile. Not a fly-over but a beautiful thing to watch.

B2 was visible from West stands. Made a couple of passes at a distance. Could see the bottom of the aircraft (really cool) as it turned, also back, front, and side as it flew. Incredibly small profile. Not a fly-over but a beautiful thing to watch.

This.

What happened this year? For at least two years, the airshow has been significantly visible from the stadium. This year, we got a very interesting view of the B2 (though not a fly-over) and nothing else. Where was the air show today???

Just read thru this thread and realized I've seen a lot of these.......

Army - back for a reunion and was sitting near the top of the visitors stands with my wife and daughter. I swear the planes weren't much higher than the stadium.

at GT - great flyover and the pilots showed up on the sidelines before the first quarter was over. Think they landed at Dobbins and drove quickly to Bobby Dodd

The Orange Bowl - great flyover made even better because Wake Forest University was actually playing in the Orange Bowl. Still great to think about it.

This.

What happened this year? For at least two years, the airshow has been significantly visible from the stadium. This year, we got a very interesting view of the B2 (though not a fly-over) and nothing else. Where was the air show today???

I'm going to guess the weekend of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 is not considered a good time to fly aircraft close over stadiums full of people at a sporting event.

I'm going to guess the weekend of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 is not considered a good time to fly aircraft close over stadiums full of people at a sporting event.

I was thinking the same thing as LK.

Watching the stealth bomber from a distance was pretty incredible, though. With the low profile it has, it makes you wonder how it carries any kind of payload. No idea what sort of munitions it normally carries, but it certainly isn't as big around as a B-52.

Just read thru this thread and realized I've seen a lot of these.......

Army - back for a reunion and was sitting near the top of the visitors stands with my wife and daughter. I swear the planes weren't much higher than the stadium. .......................................

They were very low and a great sight. So much so, that with our new scoreboard, they couldn't have done it. That low.

The guy sitting beside me in the stands also confirmed this. He is in the Air National Guard and that is what he was told.

Back