• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football assistant coaches thread

loyal2afault

Reaction score
Now that the new leader of our football program has been outed, thought we needed a new, separate thread for any developing information about Clawson's interest in/choices for OC, DC, and assistant coaches over the next couple of weeks. Insights/inside scoops would be welcome by all board members during this celebratory season.

Have suffered through the Staak years, the Caldwell saga, and our more recent struggles in both revenue sports. Seems like a reasonably appropriate user name to me.

Have suffered through the Staak years, the Caldwell saga, and our more recent struggles in both revenue sports. Seems like a reasonably appropriate user name to me.

The other poster is referring to Grobe's loyalty to his assistance being a significant factor is his downfall...

The other poster is referring to Grobe's loyalty to his assistance being a significant factor is his downfall...

This, I thought it was a pretty funny coincidence as well.

I'm not hoping for too many big changes from his current staff tbh.

I hope he brings in at least Elko as his DC, that guy seems really good.

Same for the OC really with all the QBs he's developed/been associated with.

The ST coach did a hell of a job this year at BGSU, so I hope he sticks around too.

The ST coach did a hell of a job this year at BGSU, so I hope he sticks around too.

As long as we get Elko, well be fine. Clawson will get our offense right no matter who the offensive coordinator is. That special teams coach would be nice too though

He's coaching the bowl game which means he's probably pretty well thought of too. Good return and coverage performance would be a sight for sore eyes. We've been horrendous in both of these areas since 2009 or so.

He's coaching the bowl game which means he's probably pretty well thought of too. Good return and coverage performance would be a sight for sore eyes. We've been horrendous in both of these areas since 2009 or so.

We use too many walkons. UGA had similar results from doing the same thing.

Caught Frank Solich of Ohio U on with Dave Glenn a little while ago. He was singing Clawson's praises, but was especially complimentary of his ST performance. Said they as a staff were as good as anyone in the country coaching ST.

Caught Frank Solich of Ohio U on with Dave Glenn a little while ago. He was singing Clawson's praises, but was especially complimentary of his ST performance. Said they as a staff were as good as anyone in the country coaching ST.

AWESOME.

Their ST coach is the one acting as HC in the bowl game. Significant, I think.

I just hope Clawson is willing to let someone go if necessary.

"Clawson retains Wake Offensive Coordinator Steed Lobotzke for one day so he could summarily fire him to appease the Wake Forest faithful. Donations to the Athletic Department skyrocketed after the announcement was made official."

For those that care, Bowling Green's special teams rated out as 7th best in the nation by Football Outsiders. That's DIRTY, but it's also worth noting that they weren't nearly that good in years past. Not sure what made this year so exceptional for them.

BG's Head S&C also worked at Richmond with Coach Clawson.

Sorry if already posted somewhere...perhaps the S&C coach, Brandon Hourigan, is coming with Clawson? The below tweet is from one of BGSU's players

Brian Sutton ‏@brian3sutton 1h
Hourigan just gave me his goodbye speech. Dude really did a lot for this program. He really will be missed

Speaking of Solich, he's a good coach and got a raw deal at Nebraska. I imagine he'd be lying if he said he didn't appreciate the fact that the Huskers have yet to get back to the level he had them at when he was fired.

For those that care, Bowling Green's special teams rated out as 7th best in the nation by Football Outsiders. That's DIRTY, but it's also worth noting that they weren't nearly that good in years past. Not sure what made this year so exceptional for them.

Good info. Another "one good season" stat. Can they bring the magic here?

Back