• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football assistant coaches thread

The make up of the new Wake staff may be by inference rather than by direct observation for a while. That is, if Clawson leaves significant vacancies in his staff over the next few weeks (until after the Bowling Green Bowl game) then one could infer that someone on the BG staff will fill that spot. If spots are filled before then, it is unlikely that the current BG coach in that position is coming to Wake.

Best guess: One or two position coaches at Wake are hired between now and Christmas. (Most likely this week.) Most of the current BGSU staff is officially hired at Wake the week between Christmas and New Years - after the Bowling Green bowl game.

I could also see a situation in which one of the current BG coordinators accepts a position at Wake, and then leaves a few days later to take the HC position at BG. If that happens, one or two of the position coaches could also go back to take coordinator jobs.

The make up of the new Wake staff may be by inference rather than by direct observation for a while. That is, if Clawson leaves significant vacancies in his staff over the next few weeks (until after the Bowling Green Bowl game) then one could infer that someone on the BG staff will fill that spot. If spots are filled before then, it is unlikely that the current BG coach in that position is coming to Wake.

Best guess: One or two position coaches at Wake are hired between now and Christmas. (Most likely this week.) Most of the current BGSU staff is officially hired at Wake the week between Christmas and New Years - after the Bowling Green bowl game.

I could also see a situation in which one of the current BG coordinators accepts a position at Wake, and then leaves a few days later to take the HC position at BG. If that happens, one or two of the position coaches could also go back to take coordinator jobs.

I think they'd just wait on a BG interview/interest before ever signing on with Wake. But coordinators in the ACC typically make about as much as a HC in the MAC (I think) so I hope this doesn't happen, especially with Elko.

Ya think?

@coachingsearch 7m
Former Wake Forest offensive coordinator Steed Lobotzke has been retained by Dave Clawson as offensive coordinator, a source informed CoachingSearch.

Article states Clawson interviewed former Wake Coaches tonight to consider for possible roles on the new staff.

OC and DC from BG expected to join this week.

Hoping to get the Special Team Coordinator but he is also being considered for the new BG head coaching job and was named the interim head coach at BG.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/article_fd48ea2e-6204-11e3-a6ce-001a4bcf6878.html

If day 1 is any indication of how hard this guy works, good god.

Tell BG players goodbye, fly to Winston, tour some facilities, presser, fan Q&A, some interviews, hand out donuts to students, interview Wake coaches...

I won't feel comfortable until Clawson hires an OL coach.

"We're going to hire the best staff that we can for Wake Forest University....The most important decision that I make is who I hire."

#ClawsIn

*swoon*

oh no not another coordinator who has a name that ends in o

Actually looks like we will have 2 of them! Welcome Coach Ruggiero!

@T_bEcK_89 44m
Coach r and coach elko are out! Good for them, Best of luck coaches!!!

Really doubt Scheier (their ST coach) gets the full-time gig. Gotta think it will be someone who has a track record as an OC or DC (like Luke Fickell). Sounds like the Vols OC might be in the mix as well.

@T_bEcK_89 44m

Really doubt Scheier (their ST coach) gets the full-time gig. Gotta think it will be someone who has a track record as an OC or DC (like Luke Fickell). Sounds like the Vols OC might be in the mix as well.

Very nice.

Interesting. Coach R was the position coach for Josh Freeman and Marques Colston. His offensive numbers weren't that impressive until this year.

@T_bEcK_89 44m

I really hope we get the ST coordinator. I like that we will HAVE a special teams coordinator. Being able to get big plays on special teams is crucial.

@coachingsearch 7m
Former Wake Forest offensive coordinator Steed Lobotzke has been retained by Dave Clawson as offensive coordinator, a source informed CoachingSearch.

We should have a pool of where Lobo actually ends up. Nothing specific- just options like FBS assistant; FCS assistant; Division II HC/Assistant; High school; whatever. Some here are convinced he'll get another FBS job.

Back