• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Here is the list of Wake Forest football players who have earned First-Team All-Pro honors:

1. Bill George (8 times)

/end list

Bates has a chance to become #2

He will definitely become the 9th Deac to earn a Pro Bowl slot, and the first since Mughelli and Clabo both did it following the 2010 season

I believe elite special teamer John Henry Mills made the pro bowl at least once. He would just destroy people on kickoff coverage.

It is not absurd to say Bates is the best safety in the league
Kyle Hamilton says hello.

But speaking of safeties, I saw the other day that PFF currently has a 5th round grade on Mustapha. We'll lose Geno Stone in FA, and I'd love to get Mustapha in purple.

Last edited:
Here is the list of Wake Forest football players who have earned First-Team All-Pro honors:

1. Bill George (8 times)

/end list

Bates has a chance to become #2

He will definitely become the 9th Deac to earn a Pro Bowl slot, and the first since Mughelli and Clabo both did it following the 2010 season
is there an interesting story how a George ended up at Wake from Western PA in the 40's?

is there an interesting story how a George ended up at Wake from Western PA in the 40's?

I don't know - but I love the bolded part below. George literally just drove over to the conference wrestling championships and won the thing three times:

The native of Waynesburg, Pa., was a tremendous all-around athlete. In addition to playing a full 60 minutes in nearly every game, George also handled the placekicking duties for the Deacs. The school did not have a wrestling team, but he competed in the Southern Conference Championships as a heavyweight and won the league title three consecutive years.

I don't know - but I love the bolded part below. George literally just drove over to the conference wrestling championships and won the thing three times:

The native of Waynesburg, Pa., was a tremendous all-around athlete. In addition to playing a full 60 minutes in nearly every game, George also handled the placekicking duties for the Deacs. The school did not have a wrestling team, but he competed in the Southern Conference Championships as a heavyweight and won the league title three consecutive years.
Way back then football and other college athletics truly were spare time extra-curricular activities. Somehow athletes from western PA found lowf in the late 40's and early 50's. Some golfer from that area also found his way to that little Baptist College near Raleigh.

Dortch has Cards in range for the road upset
Set up a potential game-winning TD with 32 seconds left. He has 7 rec for 82 yards to lead the Cards.

The game-winning TD. Massive upset. Niners clinch the #1 seed. Pretty sure the Bears already clinched the #1 pick with the Panthers loss but a Cards win definitely clinches it.

Kobie also has one more than Aaron Donald, that has to feel good in position group meetings.
I know Donald has talked retirement. I wonder if having a young partner will encourage him to stick around longer.

Back