• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football offers

Not so much geographically. Wider in terms of sheer number of offers. In past years I've found that Wake targeted a smaller number of prospects; sure they'd offer some guys they stood no shot at landing, but it tended to just be a symbolic offer almost.

I'd call what they're doing now "stretch recruiting". They're "stretching" for guys that they might not have landed in the past, but they're at least trying. With McCartney, Galloway, and Billings out there, they're going to have a pretty good shot with some higher caliber players. By going after more of these types of prospects, they increase their chances of landing some. It will also increase the number of guys they go after and lose, but that's the name of the game. I personally like what they're doing right now.

And there are certain positions, like WR, where they're recruiting a ton of players for probably 2 spots.

That's good to hear. Probably necessary to address talent issues. Glad to see they're taking some risks.

Thanks for the update - not sure if this has been asked, but it seems Wake gets most of the recruits from NC and Florida. With Galloway coming on, is he opening up any new areas where he has connections?

I think he's more bolstered areas like NC and Florida more than he's opened up new areas. He's from North Carolina and has great connections in south Florida. I anticipate him getting some big-time athletes from those areas.

Back