• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football offers

Great info here. I'm really pleased to see that we're in on some big guys on defense. I really think that is our most glaring roster weakness right now.

Stuff like this definitely gets my optimistic football juices stirred up again...

Hai guyz!

KathRowan
2012 Jacob Ingle after weekend at #WakeForest - "I would really love to go there now." full update to come

Just wanted to drop by and give a quick update.

Anthony Rook from Rose HS received an offer from NC State yesterday, but told me that Wake is still his leader. He's a good-looking TE prospect.

Ingle, just to be clear from Ms. Rowan's tweet, does not have an offer. Nothing against him, but he's trying to drum up interest with recruiting sites, not sure how serious it is the other way around. I'll post if I hear more.

Not to be picking nits here but when do we start making some hay off the Orange Bowl-ACC title year?

Wake's level of recruiting has risen steadily since 2006, but there was no spike that some expected. The staff realizes that there are many unique things about Wake that require taking a different kind of prospect; but they've done a good job of identifying more talented kids who fit that mold in recent years. I expect the 2010 and 2011 classes to be big-time producers in W-S.

Great info Jared. Thanks. Will definitely have to consider joining the Rivals Premium.

This thread would also be better if I didn’t have to sift through the worthless, petty posts about how much better people think this site is.

Interestingly, there hasn't been as much activity this spring with football recruiting as in years past. I don't have an explanation for it, just haven't seen as many big-name visitors or guys close to deciding so far.

A few developments recently: big New Jersey OL Jim Cashman has an offer and visited Saturday after the spring game. He's got 9-10 offers right now, but is very interested in good academic schools, so I like Wake's chances.

TE Anthony Rook and DE Josh Banks were two of the biggest visitors this past weekend, both have offers and have Wake in the lead.

Interestingly, there hasn't been as much activity this spring with football recruiting as in years past. I don't have an explanation for it, just haven't seen as many big-name visitors or guys close to deciding so far.

A few developments recently: big New Jersey OL Jim Cashman has an offer and visited Saturday after the spring game. He's got 9-10 offers right now, but is very interested in good academic schools, so I like Wake's chances.

TE Anthony Rook and DE Josh Banks were two of the biggest visitors this past weekend, both have offers and have Wake in the lead.

Thanks, WFR! Nice to get an update! The more size & strength on the line the better!!

A few new offers:

Weston (FL) Cypress Bay linebacker Josh Witt and offensive lineman Daniel Isadora. Both guys are talented with good offer sheets... keep an eye on Witt, Deacs might have a chance with him.

Port St. Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast athlete Travares Copeland. Freak athlete, but I spoke with him a week or so ago and didn't seem to have much interest in Wake.

Ohio wide receiver Cameron Wilson, has Wake outside of his top three right now, but that's because they entered the mix later. They'll have a ways to go, but certainly not out of it just yet.

Georgia all-purpose back Nick Tompkins is a really talented runner, but I've heard from a colleague at GT that he is a Yellow Jacket lean.

Things are slow right now... Wake is casting a wider net this year, which I think will be good long term, but won't translate into many quick commits. I think it will equal a better crop of recruits in the end, but time will tell.

Wider geographically? Academics? Position? Wider how?

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up Rivals.

Also just to let y'all know Rivals has a 37 day free trial right now. Its a 7 day standard day trial plus another 30 days if you sign up through Wake's homepage/ The code is on the page. I decided to give a shot last week and I end on paying for at least one month I guess.

Wider geographically? Academics? Position? Wider how?

Thanks.

Not so much geographically. Wider in terms of sheer number of offers. In past years I've found that Wake targeted a smaller number of prospects; sure they'd offer some guys they stood no shot at landing, but it tended to just be a symbolic offer almost.

I'd call what they're doing now "stretch recruiting". They're "stretching" for guys that they might not have landed in the past, but they're at least trying. With McCartney, Galloway, and Billings out there, they're going to have a pretty good shot with some higher caliber players. By going after more of these types of prospects, they increase their chances of landing some. It will also increase the number of guys they go after and lose, but that's the name of the game. I personally like what they're doing right now.

And there are certain positions, like WR, where they're recruiting a ton of players for probably 2 spots.

A few new offers:

Weston (FL) Cypress Bay linebacker Josh Witt and offensive lineman Daniel Isadora. Both guys are talented with good offer sheets... keep an eye on Witt, Deacs might have a chance with him.

Port St. Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast athlete Travares Copeland. Freak athlete, but I spoke with him a week or so ago and didn't seem to have much interest in Wake.

Ohio wide receiver Cameron Wilson, has Wake outside of his top three right now, but that's because they entered the mix later. They'll have a ways to go, but certainly not out of it just yet.

Georgia all-purpose back Nick Tompkins is a really talented runner, but I've heard from a colleague at GT that he is a Yellow Jacket lean.

Things are slow right now... Wake is casting a wider net this year, which I think will be good long term, but won't translate into many quick commits. I think it will equal a better crop of recruits in the end, but time will tell.

Thanks for the update - not sure if this has been asked, but it seems Wake gets most of the recruits from NC and Florida. With Galloway coming on, is he opening up any new areas where he has connections?

Galloway has extensive contacts in South Florida. While WF under Grobe has always hit Florida hard, Galloway has connections in the Miami area which we hope to exploit. I also heard that in recent classes WF had not done as well in GA as it had in the past, and WF hoped to put an increased emphasis there.

Also, would think that this might be a good time to hit Ohio with all the problems swurling around tOSU.

Yeah, we've gotten a lot of good players out of Georgia. Need to keep that connection open, continue to do well in Florida, and continue to expand in Texas.

Back