• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Offseason Portal Tracker

Malik Murphy to the portal.

Last edited:
Ben and I break down Wake's transfer portal ins-and-outs, along with a few guys I still have on my board for the Deacs in this hour-long special BOTG Pod.

Plus, a lot of discussion on Hank Bachmeier, Jeremy Hecklinski and the QB battle that will happen in the spring and summer.

Apple:

Spotify:

Cuse signs OSU’s McCord. No wonder people on Twitter are pissed about our transfer portal flops to this point.

Would be nice if these thumb nails gave academic status of these guys. Would be useful info with respect to whether Wake could have been interested. As we know, the academic side of Wake puts some limits on who Clawson can likely get into Wake.
Why do those same so-called limits not seem to limit neither Forbes nor Walter who are making their living off of transfers?

Why do those same so-called limits not seem to limit neither Forbes nor Walter who are making their living off of transfers?
Take a close look at the guys transferred in. Show me the ones who were not either grad transfers or had only completed one or two academic years.

Football arriving "redshirt juniors" are quite probably very close to graduating. Three academic years. Three years of summer school. 30 credits per academic year =90. Summer school 6 credits per session =18. 90+18 = 108. Only 12 credits to reach the 120 for graduation. Losing 48 credits or more to Wake's arcane rules on transfer credits is a lot.

Jahmal Banks to visit MN soon. What's the word on him? Judging by his visits we are a long shot though.

Tall and has an incredible contested catch %. Not a burner, but faster than a possession type guy. He’s the guy I’m most bummed about leaving.

Also plays big. A huge loss for Wake Forest football. But.... when you piss away a season with a QB who needs a step-stool.... this is what happens.

I think part of the issue is we have seen the basketball team and the baseball team find quality players given the constraints of the admission process. Also, Clawson didn’t seem to upset about “renting” players like Turner and Roberts, but when it’s the other way around he comes across like a jealous ex.

The real issue though, is that Wake is in a tough position trying to sell this team to guys in the portal. Louisville, Syracuse, UNC and state all seem to be able to sell transfers on next years team. There are plenty of quality grad transfers out there that would be able to qualify for Wake, they just don’t want to come here right now. Grad transfers don’t care about the academic reputation of a school (especially when it’s currently ranked behind Maryland and A&M). The staff needs to find a way to sell this team to transfers or next season may be there last, because right now, we have not improved a single position group from the team that lost to Syracuse.

I think part of the issue is we have seen the basketball team and the baseball team find quality players given the constraints of the admission process. Also, Clawson didn’t seem to upset about “renting” players like Turner and Roberts, but when it’s the other way around he comes across like a jealous ex.

The real issue though, is that Wake is in a tough position trying to sell this team to guys in the portal. Louisville, Syracuse, UNC and state all seem to be able to sell transfers on next years team. There are plenty of quality grad transfers out there that would be able to qualify for Wake, they just don’t want to come here right now. Grad transfers don’t care about the academic reputation of a school (especially when it’s currently ranked behind Maryland and A&M). The staff needs to find a way to sell this team to transfers or next season may be there last, because right now, we have not improved a single position group from the team that lost to Syracuse.
It’s honestly not super easy to sell to someone who actually wants to get a grad degree and is just using their free year to do that on scholarship. We don’t really have grad programs of value if you want something other than business. We especially don’t have 1-year grad programs of value (although I’d argue that there are very few 1-year grad programs of value anywhere).

Back