• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Offseason Portal Tracker

No, he's horrendous. The entire Big 10 West was an offensive train-wreck.

Iowa went 10-2, won the Big 10 West and was LAST in the country in yards per game with 246. Until 2023 Iowa, the most wins by a college football team in the last 20 years that averaged less than 250 yards per game was FOUR wins.

How has Max Johnson committed to UNC when the portal isn't even open yet? Surely that's illegal...

Yes, the portal does not apply to grad transfers. They can transfer whenever they want.

Gophers have offered wake rb justice Ellison. What's the scouting report on him?

Bigger guy? I think for us he'd be a depth guy.
It’s kind of a joke. He was clearly the 3rd best runner the last few years yet always started and got the most reps because he “could block.”

Ellison is a good RB, but doesn’t have breakaway speed or a lot of elusiveness. Not necessarily a power back either. If there are holes, he’ll take them and can make some good gains. I think he would benefit from a more downhill running system rather than one where he has to find the holes, as he tends to dance a bit in the backfield and doesn’t have the burst if not already heading in a direction.

In a straightforward running system where he’s just running and trusting the holes to be there, I think he would be a well above average back.

Big time get for somebody. Half of Billy Napier's first signing class at Florida is in the portal.

Last edited:
Ellison is a good RB, but doesn’t have breakaway speed or a lot of elusiveness. Not necessarily a power back either. If there are holes, he’ll take them and can make some good gains. I think he would benefit from a more downhill running system rather than one where he has to find the holes, as he tends to dance a bit in the backfield and doesn’t have the burst if not already heading in a direction.

In a straightforward running system where he’s just running and trusting the holes to be there, I think he would be a well above average back.
Looks like he's headed to Indiana. But the Gophers got a transfer RB from Indiana. Kind of funny how that worked out.

Back