• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Program trending up

The schedule is considerably easier but our offensive line really was bad this year so why does losing a bunch of gray beard seniors translate into a better offense for 2012?

Tanner Price was really bad the last few games when the competition stepped up and at Nashville his deeper passes looked like he was hitting at the receivers feet. We also lost six out of eight when the competition stepped up. We have lost Chris Givens who was our go to guy and have not had a capable top notch tight end in a few years. Josh Harris is an enigma.

I see we can beat Liberty, Army, Duke, will definitely lose to Clemson, Notre Dame, Florida State, North Carolina and Virginia Tech. We have chances to beat Boston College, Maryland, NC State and maybe Vanderbilt. But with all that I see us going 3-5 in the ACC and 2-2 out of conference

First of all learn the freaking schedule we play UVA not VT which is a winnable game. Clemson and FSU are winnable. And UNC at home is winnable as well. I see no game on our schedule we cannot win.

The number of people who continue to say Newman was/is a below average or average college kicker boggle my mind.

It separates out the people who follow college football from the people who only watched Swank era Wake teams. Newman is a good college kicker.

After Newman's FG miss against ND they ran the clock out. We needed a TD there, I thought going for the end zone on third and long was a stupid decision. Should have been thinking two down strategy there to get us into the end zone.

Newman also hit the fourth quarter FG against Syracuse to put us up 15 from 40something yards. That atoned for the missed XP.

Sorry but I disagree - missing the PAT cost us the game. Had he made it we don't go to OT.

It separates out the people who follow college football from the people who only watched Swank era Wake teams. Newman is a good college kicker.

This. I posted his stats and rankings nationally on a previous thread and it made no difference.

Then again, someone in the stands near us in Nashville complained that "Newman has been a shitty punter all year" so maybe that's the level of fan we're dealing with...

This. I posted his stats and rankings nationally on a previous thread and it made no difference.

Then again, someone in the stands near us in Nashville complained that "Newman has been a shitty punter all year" so maybe that's the level of fan we're dealing with...

well, to be fair, I can't remember a single good punt that Newman kicked all year

I agree with Bluegrass about the 3rd down strategy against ND.

Overall Newman has been solid for us. I'm going to have to draft him in my ACC fantasy football league next year.

One of the few redeeming factors of the MCB was the extra month of practice. Wonder if it will be noticeable in the spring.

Curious as to what Orville can bring to the table.

I agree with Bluegrass about the 3rd down strategy against ND.

Overall Newman has been solid for us. I'm going to have to draft him in my ACC fantasy football league next year.

One of the few redeeming factors of the MCB was the extra month of practice. Wonder if it will be noticeable in the spring.

Curious as to what Orville can bring to the table.

East coast version of 'Quiz Rodgers...

Back