• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Schedule: Are we playing at Utah State?

Last edited:
This could be a great trip even though they are a very good football team that just beat 12-1 Fresno St in the Poinsettia Bowl.

They played No. Ill., not Fresno State.

I'm torn between whether this is a gutsy move that shows that we're not scared and are being creative or is a misstep because our young team with a new coach really just needs a home cupcake in this slot.

Solution: I'll reserve judgment and play monday morning quarterback if it doesnt work out for us.

I don't really think it's either. We needed a fourth game after the Vandy game was canceled and so we were going to take pretty much any game with an FBS school who would give us a 2 for 1. Most schools wouldn't so Utah State did. There was also a lot of smoke a couple years ago when we also needed a quick addition to the schedule that the final two schools were ULM and "a WAC school." I bet the WAC school was Utah State a couple years ago so we had them on speed dial. The 2 for 1 deal is solid.

Oh also ULM will be terrible next year. They were terrible this year after Browning got hurt and was out for the year. Hell they weren't very good when we played them. Utah State loses a lot of players from their team that was very good this year. I don't think either will be THAT challenging of a game, it's just that we're in Louisiana and Utah playing them that makes it a little more difficult.

It seems like a great opportunity for the players and coaches and staff to travel two places I doubt many of them have been. They can bond away from the hometown stress and hopefully pick up some best practices and confident to take into the ACC road games.

Back