• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football:Transfers and Early Graduations

The following names are not on Wake Forest's roster on the website: Sherman Ragland, DeAndre Martin and Airyn Willis. Take that for what it's worth and there are possibly others. I would expect there to be a reasonable amount of turnover.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wake-m-footbl-mtt.html

I don't know how the LB that we lost and ended up at GT when Willis switched to Wake on signing day has fared; however, if he has played one single play, then I dare say Wake got the short end of that trade.

Zach Allen looked like an NFL linebacker. Shame that his career took a nosedive.

Based upon my very unofficial and quick review of the roster listed on the official WF site, this my breakdown of current scholarship classes as listed:

Rising seniors (currently listed as JR or RS JR): 13
Rising juniors (currently listed as SO or RS SO): 14
Rising sophomore (currently listed as RS FR; note I did not identify the FR that played as true frosh like Tyree Harris and Cory Helms): 15
Freshman: 22

Total 64. Meaning Clawson has 21 ships to give assuming all those listed in the roster return. Also, other than Hunter Williams, I assumed that all those that came to WF as a walk-on will remain not on a ship.

Note that Kevin Sousa, who has been reported as transferring is still listed on the roster. Also, note that Colin Summers is listed on the roster. Would be huge if he could return.

I think Ima told us about EJ a while ago - he is tight with Camp and KJ. Glad he's official now.

According to Scout, WF currently has 11 commits (some decomitted after Grobe stepped down; this includes John Wolford committing on December 14). So, if there really are 64 on scholarship for next year (I would guess the number is actually a little less because there will be some additional attrition), WF has 10 more commits to bring in, before we hit the limit of 85. Would guess the class will be between 21 and 24 for next year.

If the Claw turns winter workouts into the Bataan death march, we could have some more openings.

Bought a gun and registered it to on campus address.

I know that is bad, but its also just a mistake. Its not cheating on a test, clearly just a dumb move because he would not intentionally do that knowing the consequences.

I feel like there has to be more to this story than just that.

Agreed. Like why did he feel like he needed a gun on campus.

Back