• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football:Transfers and Early Graduations

Well it's against state law:

North Carolina law prohibits any person, including a concealed handgun permittee, from carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, on educational property or at a curricular or extracurricular activity sponsored by a school.

Well it's against state law:

North Carolina law prohibits any person, including a concealed handgun permittee, from carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, on educational property or at a curricular or extracurricular activity sponsored by a school.

Does this apply to private universities or UNC system schools? I'm just askin'.

I suppose the good news, if we don't take 25, is that we'll have extra scholarship money left over that can be re-routed to the billboard fund.

Because all the rich white people are out to get him. Of course. :couch:

If I recall the story correctly, he had a gun pointed at him over the Christmas holiday (or maybe it was summer) and I guess it shook him up enough to feel like he needed to protect himself. He got caught because he applied for a permit and the address he used was his campus address, which was what alerted authorities. He was obeying the gun permit laws, just not the laws of WF (which we all know are sometimes even more anal than city regulations).

Good kid trying to obey the law, but forgetting WF law is not the same :rulz:

If I recall the story correctly, he had a gun pointed at him over the Christmas holiday (or maybe it was summer) and I guess it shook him up enough to feel like he needed to protect himself. He got caught because he applied for a permit and the address he used was his campus address, which was what alerted authorities. He was obeying the gun permit laws, just not the laws of WF (which we all know are sometimes even more anal than city regulations).

Good kid trying to obey the law, but forgetting WF law is not the same :rulz:

He was charged with a felony which hardly constitutes him obeying the law. They let him off because he was honest throughout the process but lets not act like WFU just gets to make up fake felonies and have people show up to Forsyth District Court for honor code violations. It is illegal to possess a firearm on educational property and for good reason. Having a loaded gun on campus is 100x worse than cheating on a test. He made a mistake, he owned it, people recognized that he owned it, and he was given a second chance legally. Not sure Wake should be obligated in any way to take back a student that illegally carried a gun on campus.

This was already discussed months ago. I propose those interested in Allen's past legal trouble do a search or move it to another thread so future posts can bump this thread with new info or discussion.

Forgive us for not remembering or reading the first time what was discussed months ago about a potentially important player. So, what was the last word on his status under Grobe?

Have any of our current commits enrolled for this semester? Would be particularly helpful for Wolford if he wants to compete for the QB spot.

http://m.journalnow.com/news/column...cc0-0d24-11e3-a4d4-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

According to this it was found in his car by university police. That and the felony for "possession on an educational property" makes it sound like it was on campus. Could be wrong though.

Too bad, as it's legal in NC now for cc permit holders to keep a firearm locked in their car on college campuses...well at least public colleges...I assume WF could have their own rule, but it wouldn't be illegal.

ETA: Well, maybe it would still be illegal to have it on private property without permission, but I think the educational property stuff is gone.

The following names are not on Wake Forest's roster on the website: Sherman Ragland, DeAndre Martin and Airyn Willis. Take that for what it's worth and there are possibly others. I would expect there to be a reasonable amount of turnover.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wake-m-footbl-mtt.html

We could be horrendous on offense without Ragland, Martin, or Wilhite if for no other reason than depth at skill positions. Here's to the redshirt freshmen playing the game well.

Yea....too bad....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright !

Like cars on a college campus don't get stolen or broken into on occasion, eh ?

Facepalm

We could be horrendous on offense without Ragland, Martin, or Wilhite if for no other reason than depth at skill positions.

I think it'll be double horrendoes as these guys were major contributors and prominent on the weekly depth charts and really were dedicated and really worked hard and and....what's that term....oh yea....and they 'stepped-up' and and and....err....ah....well that too dang it !

:squint:

Yea....too bad....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright !

Like cars on a college campus don't get stolen or broken into on occasion, eh ?

Facepalm

I'm sure you're trying to make a point...I'm just not sure what it is.

Back