• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fourth of July plans

Hanging out in my friend's backyard, and watching copious amounts of Breaking Bad. What's more American than television?

Been vacationing all week in Sunset Beach, NC.

Today, hit the beach early before the crowds showed up (pounded a few beers), ate hot dogs while watching the hot dog eating contest (pounded some beers), and the plan for the rest of the day is drink on the deck, grill out, and set off real fireworks (bought out of state).

USA, USA, USA!

i am now drinking alcohol before noon while wearing my swimsuit (inside, on the couch). waiting for this cloud to move out from in front of the sun, and then i'm going to go make my skin a little red (to go w/ my blue suit and mostly white "oregon tan" skin). AMERICA.

I'm in the midst of a flash flood, so I celebrated my independence by going to BoJangles and "the Walmarts". Then I finished reading a book.

This independence day has great meaning to me. In addition to "America, fuck yeah!", mom got her first chemo treatment today. Its the first step in her battle with pancreatic cancer. For who knows how long, she's been on the receiving end, now its time to fight back.

The Mrs. repainted our hallway and I mowed my parents yard for them. Grilled some filets and enjoying some good booze. All in all, a great day.

i don't often eat potato chips... but when i do, i understand why america is fat. holy shit these things are delicious.

ronald_reagan_riding_a_velociraptor_1920-.jpg

i don't often eat potato chips... but when i do, i understand why america is fat. holy shit these things are delicious.

I rarely eat them as well. Had some yesterday and had the opposite reaction. Instead my thought was "how did I ever like these things". Granted these were the really good ones but is read those thin wannabe chips that want to be lays.

I rarely eat them as well. Had some yesterday and had the opposite reaction. Instead my thought was "how did I ever like these things". Granted these were the really good ones but is read those thin wannabe chips that want to be lays.

gotta go with the kettle cooked (reduced fat) sea salt and cracked pepper.

pretty sure i know what puts the 'crack' in 'cracked pepper'.... and it's the crack that these things are obviously laced with.

The Dash game going into extra innings after an hourish rain delay meant fireworks shortly after midnight. Sorry downtown residents. You weren't expecting July 5th fireworks were you?

The Dash game going into extra innings after an hourish rain delay meant fireworks shortly after midnight. Sorry downtown residents. You weren't expecting July 5th fireworks were you?

I wonder if that is what I heard from my house beginning around 12:15. I was wondering who was shooting them off so late.

Funny story from yesterday. My friend Roger picked me to go make a couple of bets at Los Alamitos OTB.

As we usually do the way home, we decided to stop for a drink. Or at least we thought we would.

First we drove by a place that had been open since the 70s. It was "under new ownership-renovations underway". Shit happens.

We then went to another place. It was closed.

My buddy never closes his place. It's gotta be open. We drove by. They were putting in a new floor.

OK it was now a quest, we went to another bar on Beach Blvd. There would tens of thousands cars going by this place to get from the freeway to the beach and back. It was closed.

One last shot, we had take one more chance. No way Chili's on Beach Blvd would be closed. We were wrong!

No freedom to drink in my neighborhood. :)

I guess everyone thought the entire public would be going to the parade at the beach. FEH!

Back