• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frank Beamer

Do what? Are you serious?

Well we sure as hell didn't start up a football program so we could finish in second place. Which makes me wonder if Wake Forest even cares about competing. I mean, really? Why does Wake Forest have a football team? Does it help fund women's sports or something? Is it the only way they'll let you stay in the vonted ACC? We have a football team so we can compete for champions and it is a natural part of out growth as a world class University.

Well we sure as hell didn't start up a football program so we could finish in second place. Which makes me wonder if Wake Forest even cares about competing. I mean, really? Why does Wake Forest have a football team? Does it help fund women's sports or something? Is it the only way they'll let you stay in the vonted ACC? We have a football team so we can compete for champions and it is a natural part of out growth as a world class University.

The ACC is vonted?

People at a "world class university" wouldn't make up words like "vonted." On the other hand, people at a third-class university with third-class athletics and academics would probably think "vonted" is a word.

Reactions: ONW

I definitely think Charlotte can win a division II national title, the only problem is Charlotte doesn't play in division II.

Vonted = vaunted?

Yes. It's spelled differently in Charlotte's regional dialect.

Apparently a 2-6 record is a national championship recipe also.

Last edited:
Back