• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Friday Night Football: #2 Oklahoma State at Iowa State 8:00 p.m. on ESPN

Nope. Wake only has one win vs a top 10 opponent. On October 26, 1946, Wake Forest upset #4 Tennessee in Knoxville, 19-6.

1dzTg.png

What was Georgia ranked in 1979?

oregon's gotta have the inside track playing #18 USC right? bama's got no one noteworthy left (georgia southern and auburn)

Last edited:
Barring Alabama making the SEC title game because of an Arkansas victory over LSU, Oregon is going to have significantly more opportunities to hop over them in the polls. I think Alabama is better, but that is a subjective determination. They lost more recently and on their home field, but in OT, whereas Oregon was down 40-20 until a min left in the game, but it was on a neutral field early in the season. You can make a case for either.

How many Top 10 opponents has Wake even played? Big difference between playing in the ACC and the Big 8/Big XII.

How many Top 10 opponents has Wake even played? Big difference between playing in the ACC and the Big 8/Big XII.
Wake Forest is 1-48 against AP top 10 opponents.
Wake Forest is 22-118-2 against ranked opponents (I say ranked instead of Top 25 because from 1962-1967, the AP only did a Top 10).

Last edited:
Wake Forest is 1-48 against AP top 10 opponents.
Wake Forest is 2-118-2 against ranked opponents (I say ranked instead of Top 25 because from 1962-1967, the AP only did a Top 10).

We've beaten more than 2 "ranked" teams, unless you're still limiting ranked teams to top 10. We beat FSU this year.

Neither Oregon or Alabama deserve two shots to beat LSU in one season if LSU remains undefeated. If LSU loses maybe but if they're undefeated its not fair to LSU. I predicted last weekend Clemson could sneak in and that still could happen with top 10 wins vs SC and VT. I'm hoping its Oklahoma or Clemson to prevent a boring and undeserved rematch in the NC.

Neither Oregon or Alabama deserve two shots to beat LSU in one season if LSU remains undefeated. If LSU loses maybe but if they're undefeated its not fair to LSU. I predicted last weekend Clemson could sneak in and that still could happen with top 10 wins vs SC and VT. I'm hoping its Oklahoma or Clemson to prevent a boring and undeserved rematch in the NC.

They should just declare undefeated LSU the champion. It would be just as arbitrary as declaring two teams the best two.

Alabama and LSU were about as evenly matched as two teams could be. Yes some people think it was a boring game because there was little scoring...I get that. But letting a lesser opponent in to play LSU just to avoid a rematch is dumb. And there's ZERO fucking chance that a 1 loss Clemson team jumps a 1 loss Alabama team. That's insane.

I saw the ESPN BCS "expert" Brad Edwards interviewed last night on the late Sportscenter and he seemed to think Alabama had the inside track if they win out of the one loss teams. Then again, I was half asleep so I may have misheard him.

Alabama and LSU were about as evenly matched as two teams could be. Yes some people think it was a boring game because there was little scoring...I get that. But letting a lesser opponent in to play LSU just to avoid a rematch is dumb. And there's ZERO fucking chance that a 1 loss Clemson team jumps a 1 loss Alabama team. That's insane.

:werd:

What happens if LSU loses to Georgia in the SECCG? (It's not going to happen; they're going to win by 30; but just for fun...)

Does LSU even drop? Can you have a national championship game between Alabama and Oregon with LSU at #3 when LSU beat both of them?

Did anyone just hear Lee Corso on Gameday? He was making his pick and acted as if he were going to pick SMU then he says "fuck it" and picks Houston.

Back