• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From the Mouth of Our Associate AD - Quote in Post 1

Our athletic department just needs to be quiet and hope no one fully realizes how incompetent they all are.

There's also not a damn thing wrong with telling the truth. If our Athletics department doesn't recognize - publicly - that we're in dire straights then they're incompetent.

I don't expect him to say "Beating High Point would be a meaningless achievement." But I do expect him to take some kind of stand, and at least imply, that its absurd that any team in the ACC is excited about beating High Point, or a team in the CAA. We're better than that, and no one in the administration wants us to be, and neither do the big donors apparently.

Barry Faircloth is one of the best things going in Wake Forest Athletics. I have never heard a bad thing said about that guy. He is perfect for nearly every single situation. This quote must have been out of context or something. If that's the worst thing he ever says, he's way ahead of the rest of us.

Barry Faircloth is one of the best things going in Wake Forest Athletics. I have never heard a bad thing said about that guy. He is perfect for nearly every single situation. This quote must have been out of context or something. If that's the worst thing he ever says, he's way ahead of the rest of us.

If there was ever a definition for "good ol' boy network", this might well be it.

Barry Faircloth and Mike Piscetelli are the lead fundraisers for the athletic department and they do a hell of a job. I mean look at BB&T and all the improvements that have been made. Especially when you consider the economy and our performance in athletics recently.

I feel better now knowing that Barry is a nice guy. We're in good hands.

Tonight was the biggest win for the basketball team since last years win @ Nebraska.

We are still pathetic and I want to fire bzz. But if not allowed to say those things (as he clearly can't), I could say that.

Also, I have no problem with the guy doing his job. Does it reek of Hyperbole? Obviously. Barry is a fundraiser and he's supposed to talk up the Athletic Program. I'm sure he's saying different things behind closed doors.

He's pitching boosters every time he speaks if this is his message, he's not a good salesman.

I disagree. I'd like to see what he says to the pissed-off, big time boosters behind closed doors. Those are the ones that matter.

Hoopla ...
you're the douche. Barry loves Wake Forest and does a super job for the University ... what would you have had him say in the interview?

First off, you need to relax. I'm sure Barry is a great guy but frankly, I don't care. This is an uber lame answer. His answer could be justified if it was against a team other than a glorified high school.
If I am a recruit and I read this supposed quote I think, jeez, how the semi-mighty have fallen. Anything spoken and written about in the press sticks around much longer (look at the reactions to Bzz's 'Tuesday' quote). They all could take note in some PR classes. #Team Pearl!!! Bring Back the Swagger!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so he's just moving the goalposts again. If Wake is pitching the same shtick to the same donors they have been for the last half century our programs won't be coming back anytime soon.

Ok, so he's just moving the goalposts again. If Wake is pitching the same shtick to the same donors they have been for the last half century our programs won't be coming back anytime soon.

Perhaps you should give Barry a call, then.

"Hello, I would like to be a major booster, but I have to make sure you were in an altered state when you spoke at halftime the other night."

Last edited:
So I should call Barry to get a hard sell and have smoke blown up my ass so I can donate money? Doesn't work that way.

I think you should establish you are a man of high wealth and esteem, then ask if his refrigerator is running.

How much does a phone conversation with the Associate Premiere cost? A meeting with Wellman runs about 6 figures these days.

Really? Do you have the full menu of choices or just the big kahuna price?

Barry Faircloth is a great guy. Does he feed the fans the drivel of the AD? Without a doubt, but he is one of the nicer people that you could ever meet.

Back