• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU/Auburn

ONW

Reaction score
I can't believe that FSU is an 11 point favorite.

Which means they'll win by 20.

same here. if auburn plays the way they did against bama and missouri, no way they lose by 12+ points (they could play really well and still lose, but they'll cover). i just wonder if they will have cooled off over the past 5 weeks and play more like the mid-season auburn.

same here. if auburn plays the way they did against bama and missouri, no way they lose by 12+ points (they could play really well and still lose, but they'll cover). i just wonder if they will have cooled off over the past 5 weeks and play more like the mid-season auburn.

My thoughts as well. Remember auburn was a double digit dog to Bama and was a dog to Mizzou. If the Auburn offense isn't terribly rusty from the layoff then I anticipate a tight shootout. Gus has proven himself to be very capable of effective in game changes, especially on offense. Just need to stay within striking distance for this to come into play.

I'll be curious to see how FSU responds if the game is tight. Winston seemed tight early against Duke. This is a much bigger stage. He is very special but he's still a freshman. Nerves could happen.

If Auburn can get pressure with the front four it can cover up some problems in the secondary and mismatches with the DBs vs FSU WRs.

I'm hoping for a good game. No one expected Auburn to be here. I'm just enjoying the magical run. Excited for the future with Malzahn.

I think FSU cruises. 13 sounds about right. Jameis will have a big game.

I'm pulling for FSU for no other reason than I'm tired of hearing how FSU isn't battle tested because the ACC sucks. Might be true, but I'm sick of the SEC worship.

I have some friends there as well. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

The line moves on this game have been interesting. The line opened on December 8 at 8. The line quickly moved up to 9 and 9.5, and then a bunch of Auburn money came in and the line dropped back to 8 (7.5 some places) just before Christmas, and over the past few days the line jumped to 10.5 or higher. A lot of professional gamblers placed big bets on FSU over the past two days. If you followed the lines, a smart bettor could have an awesome middle working right now (FSU -7.5 and Auburn +10.5).

I'm pulling for FSU for no other reason than I'm tired of hearing how FSU isn't battle tested because the ACC sucks. Might be true, but I'm sick of the SEC worship.

Stole this from ESPN.

According to ESPN's strength of schedule metric, FSU has the worst schedule strength ranking (No. 64) of any team to play in the BCS National Championship in the past 10 seasons. The teams with the next-worst SOS rankings (2006 Ohio State, 2007 Ohio State and 2009 Texas) each lost to SEC teams by at least 14 points in the national title game. On the flip side, Auburn has a SOS ranking of No. 29 and has a chance to become the first team in college football history to win three consecutive games against top-5 teams, having defeated then-No. 1 Alabama and then-No. 5 Missouri in its past two games.

Unless you have serious family ties to Auburn, every Wake fan should pull for FSU. I have family ties to Auburn and am still pulling for FSU.

I think FSU cruises and wins by two or three touchdowns (thus ensuring Auburn wins).

2ec520676c53b91a11177e6f49cf3cd3.gif

FSU crushed teams that either didn't make a bowl game or got crushed in their bowls. Auburn played offenses led by at least 5 or 6 future NFL QBs. Teams that Auburn beat went on to win their bowl games. The slurping over FSU is understandable and Auburn certainly had some fortuitous events. But I'm not going to just rule out the SEC champion against the ACC's best. I admit I hate FSU and while I'm no Auburn or SEC fan FSU is facing the toughest test its had all year.

Unless you have serious family ties to Auburn, every Wake fan should pull for FSU. I have family ties to Auburn and am still pulling for FSU.

Other than the conference coattails/money argument, why?

Those three teams didn't flat out steamroll every team they played. Just this past week, Clemson and Duke showed those were even better wins for FSU than they were given credit for. FSU has only allowed over 2 TDs once. Only won by less than 27 once. SOS doesn't tell a story.

Top flight QBs have had big days against Auburn and I'm not sure any of those teams have a defense near as good as FSU.

Back