• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU/Auburn

That is really stretching it. May seem logical but I'd rather see actually evidence however anecdotal it is.

The topic in general was discussed on Mike/Mike this morning. They were surprised by the number of Bama fans who said they're pulling for Auburn. But the general feeling was that this was more for conference tie-ins and giving the state of Alabama something to lay claim to (5 straight champs from the state) rather than just wanting to see Auburn win. Still, I know plenty of Bama fans who are all FSU today.

No self respecting Alabama fan (there are some of us) ever roots for Auburn.

I think FSU wins, but if the game is close, it will hurt FSU that they never played a game needing to get a stop or a first down to win a game. Auburn has been doing that since week 1 against Washington State. So, if the game is less than a TD entering the 4th quarter, FSU will be in trouble.

Thoughts on this?

FSU dominated Auburn after being down big. They showed great composure in spite of the cheap celebration penalty and missed horse collar. They played much better under pressure.

No self respecting Alabama fan (there are some of us) ever roots for Auburn.

Definitely the case for most (all?) rivalries. But in recent years, Bama/Auburn has escalated into something "special" in a bad sort of way.

PS- the "94" tags are fucking weak. I self-tag better shit at myself than that weak-ass garbage. Finish the 3rd-grade, get off your mom's tit, and come back with something half-assed creative.

How about the SEC homers who say things like "FSU is built like an SEC team"? They seem to have forgotten that FSU and Miami built teams like this long before the SEC was the dominant conference. Top to bottom there is no doubt that the SEC is the strongest, but they do not own the patient on tough football.

One last observation. #13 on FSU might have won the game when he missed the tackle on Tre Mason with 1:13 left in the game. The miracle finish would have been set up.

Definitely the case for most (all?) rivalries. But in recent years, Bama/Auburn has escalated into something "special" in a bad sort of way.

PS- the "94" tags are fucking weak. I self-tag better shit at myself than that weak-ass garbage. Finish the 3rd-grade, get off your mom's tit, and come back with something half-assed creative.

when i get to my computer i will come up with something good

Back