• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU/Auburn

I really hate FSU and don't mind Auburn at all (an SEC team I usually cheer for). that said, go ACC!

fsu's average margin of victory was 41 points. almost 6 touchdowns.

Top flight QBs have had big days against Auburn and I'm not sure any of those teams have a defense near as good as FSU.

Auburn's offense demonstrated the ability to score quickly forcing those teams and QBs to revert more to passing plays than running this season. You always see that sort of imbalance when a team has to go more to the passing game in order to keep up with a strong offense. I'll give Auburn's performances against strong QBs and offenses a little more credit than FSU's domination of a weak conference. It's like the 90's all over again.

I just don't see Auburn getting blown out. They may lose, but they have a GREAT rushing attack (best in the nation, IMO) and will keep up.

Great rushing attack but ball security issues too. I think Auburn generating a good pass rush without blitzing will be key for them.

Other than the conference coattails/money argument, why?

That's really it. Although I personally, can't stand the "SEC WINS ALL DA BCS'S!!!!" bull shit either. Moving the ACC up and knocking the SEC down a peg is a great thing. A strong FSU is good for Wake and the ACC. All things being equal. I always pull for ACC over SEC.

Coach Clawson can make an easier sell for the ACC if FSU wins tonight.

You're making shit up at this point. Auburn had 18 turnovers all year. FSU had 17. Neither team has an issue with ball security

An opinion based on the only three (UGA, Bama, Mizzou) Auburn games I have watched. They put the ball on the turf too much whether they get it back or not.

Top flight QBs have had big days against Auburn and I'm not sure any of those teams have a defense near as good as FSU.

LOL you don't think teams like Bama, LSU and Georgia have defenses "near as good" as FSU. I think they are similar. Difference is FSUs played against weakass ACC and OOC teams and looked more dominant. The athletes and talent FSU has on defense is similar to top SEC teams, not clearly better.

I think the game comes down to whether or not having 5 weeks off to prepare for a nontraditional offense will make a difference. If FSU is able to figure Malzahn's offense out better with the additional time, then FSU may blow Auburn out. If not, then the game will be close and relatively high scoring.

A strong FSU is good for Wake and the ACC. All things being equal. I always pull for ACC over SEC.

As long as you strictly and only mean this in the money sense, sure. Regardless, I hate FSU so fuck 'em. No one is going to suddenly think Wake had a great year if FSU wins the game.

As long as you strictly and only mean this in the money sense, sure. Regardless, I hate FSU so fuck 'em. No one is going to suddenly think Wake had a great year if FSU wins the game.

True. But it make make it easier to recruit against Vandy, South Carolina, and the other teams against which we compete for talent.

That is really stretching it. May seem logical but I'd rather see actually evidence however anecdotal it is.

The topic in general was discussed on Mike/Mike this morning. They were surprised by the number of Bama fans who said they're pulling for Auburn. But the general feeling was that this was more for conference tie-ins and giving the state of Alabama something to lay claim to (5 straight champs from the state) rather than just wanting to see Auburn win. Still, I know plenty of Bama fans who are all FSU today.

After the OU and UCF wins, who the hell knows? I think FSU should win because they're the better team and I think Auburn has been lucky as fuck to get where they are...like beyond lucky as fuck, really. But it's one game and that doesn't mean a whole lot.

I think FSU wins, but if the game is close, it will hurt FSU that they never played a game needing to get a stop or a first down to win a game. Auburn has been doing that since week 1 against Washington State. So, if the game is less than a TD entering the 4th quarter, FSU will be in trouble.

Sooooo, why aren't there more FSU fans there? First NC game if 15 years. They didn't show up to CLT because they were going to Pasadena. Where are they?

Back