• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

I think we need to figure out how to get Hinton more touches.

100 times this. It seemed like there was a bunch of times that FSU was playing 10 yards off of him. I would hit him with quick passes all day long on that. At a minimum, he probably picks up 4-6 yards, which is basically a very effective running play. If he makes the first guy miss, then you could be looking at a big play. And on one of our failed 3rd down redzone runs, we brought Hinton in motion, and then gave the RB the ball on the read option which didn't work. No one picked up Hinton as he ended up in the flat. If we would have quickly faked the read option and then dumped it out to Hinton, he could have just walked into the endzone. Given our trouble running the ball in the redzone, I wish we would try and get Hinton more involved down there.

Last edited:
Hinton has surprised me with his ability to catch the ball in traffic. He wins 50/50 balls .

He’s such a strong player. We really could work on getting him handoffs, sweeps, etc. He just makes plays.

He’s such a strong player. We really could work on getting him handoffs, sweeps, etc. He just makes plays.
This x 100. Best athlete on the team. Hand him the ball, let him pass, let him wildcat, and target him on more passes.

100 times this. It seemed like there was a bunch of times that FSU was playing 10 yards off of him. I would hit him with quick passes all day long on that. At a minimum, he probably picks up 4-6 yards, which is basically a very effective running play. If he makes the first guy miss, then you could be looking at a big play. And on one of our failed 3rd down redzone runs, we brought Hinton in motion, and then gave the RB the ball on the read option which didn't work. No one picked up Hinton as he ended up in the flat. If we would have quickly faked the read option and then dumped it out to Hinton, he could have just walked into the endzone. Given our trouble running the ball in the redzone, I wish we would try and get Hinton more involved down there.

On a different play, Hinton was hanging out in the flat and Hartman waved him off and scrambled for little to no gain.

Hartman, 300 yards in the rain, bad foot and all, no turnovers. Two nice drives down the stretch. Did what he had to do to win.

Three bad calls that almost cost us the game 1) did not review the first down when the wide receiver for Fl State caught ball behind sticks on third down 2) Akers score - massive holding no call, and personal foul on Fl State last drive that allowed them to be in field goal range.

Go Deacs!

Blatant PI on Scotty on FSU sideline

I have enjoyed watching Deacon football on the ACC network the past two weeks. Post game conversation about the Deacs is rare. Informed, knowledgeable and positive conversation more rare.

Too slow on making the call on kicking or going for it on 4th down.

That was their second one, they called their first for some reason during our weak drive on 3rd and 6 with 10 mins to go. I was at game so didn't know if clock was running down on the 50 yds fg. If not really wasted TO

Bicep tendon or hypertension probably. Great time for week off and we may not need him vs State. He is crucial but next man up.

Got home and dried out a bit. Great W but it was very troubling to see us ignore such potent offensive weapons in the red zone. Two targets and one catch for Sage in the redzone, one longer attempt to him from 30 or so and don't remember a Scotty target until second half catches. I guess we really limited the playbook for Sam which was surprising.

Hartman has played very well bringing us back last week and getting a win in a monsoon this week. Jamie is better but Hartman is doing work as well.

Back