• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

I think wake would need to go 10 and 2 to get to the Orange Bowl 9 and 3 they would default to the coastal Champion probably

What do you mean default? The Orange Bowl is required to take the second highest ranked CFP team regardless of who it is.

As mentioned several times on this thread it's great to see this team fight to the end. This was the type of game the old wake teams would have lost.

We'd be 9-3 (5-3). Probably be close and depend on when the losses were. If we lost back to back weeks to Clemson then VPI and both were somewhat competitive followed up with two wins in a row against Duke and Cuse to finish off the year (with a win in two weeks against State) then I'd think we'd be around 22-24.

The biggest advantage we have is how bad the Coastal is. As someone on Reddit explained, the Coastal has completed the wheel of suck.

S0wc1X0.png

We need Pitt and UVA to both lose at least once more. The winner of the Coastal ends their season with a guaranteed loss in any situation where second place goes to the OB.

Yeah if either Pitt or UVA win out they’re in the Orange Bowl with close-ish loss to Clemson

As of right now Wake will be favored by 5.5 or 6 in their two remaining home games (State and Duke) and should be favored by about 2.5 to 3 in the Carrier Dome against Cuse. Probably 27 point dogs or so to Clemson and I'd think probably 3 point dogs to VPI on the road.

Pitt's remaining schedule: Miami, @ Georgia Tech, UNC, @ Virginia Tech, Boston College
UVA's remaining schedule: @ Louisville, @ UNC, Georgia Tech, Liberty, Virginia Tech

So all three teams have VPI left and we will have a common opponent with the other two with UNC. I'd imagine UVA drops one of their next two games and Pitt doesn't have a cakewalk with a road visit to VPI nor are UNC or Miami at home easy wins.

We want full out Coastal chaos from here on out and I'd imagine we get it. I'd be shocked if anyone wins 6 games or if anyone other than Tech has fewer than 3.

The State and Syracuse games are looking a lot easier than expected at the beginning of the season. Wouldn’t our best case scenario be for VT to win out except for a loss to us? Would give us a very good win on the road.

Clawson acknowledging the mass exodus of our fans at halftime but praising those who stayed. Amen. He is pretty much begging for better deac support against the wuffies. Let's hope he get's it. This team deserves our support.

The State and Syracuse games are looking a lot easier than expected at the beginning of the season. Wouldn’t our best case scenario be for VT to win out except for a loss to us? Would give us a very good win on the road.

I think that's right. That would almost certainly put VPI in the ACCCG (unless UVA and Pitt both won out otherwise) and would give them a loss to Clemson to end the year at 9-4.

VT is down to their third string QB. Hendon Hooker, their #2 QB got knocked of the game against UNC. Quincy Patterson, who can run, but has issues throwing the ball played in the 2nd half against UNC. Realize they are 5-2, but feel like VT is counterfeit.

Maimi losing to GT is so bad. Miami's kicker missed a game winning chip shot at the end of the 4th quarter. Pitt is going to absolutely drill Miami next week at Pitt. Pitt leads the nation by far in QB sacks, and Miami's o-line is pathetic. Pitt is a dangerous team right now. WF may need BC to beat Pitt in the finale.

I was surprised FSU didn't spike the ball on second down at the end of the game. I would have done that to let everybody get settled, then go for the hail mary on the last play. FSU had a backup center in the game and a team that doesn't do wet ball practice. Spike it, get a dry ball, get everybody set, throw hail mary. Better opportunity than what they did.

ETA:

I guess the thought they could run a downfield play, get out of bounds, and then try the hail mary, hook and lateral or long FG , depending on yardage made. Not likely they manage a completion and out of bounds in less than 8 sec for significant yardage in 8 sec.

Last edited:
VT is down to their third string QB. Hendon Hooker, their #2 QB got knocked of the game against UNC. Quincy Patterson, who can run, but has issues throwing the ball played in the 2nd half against UNC. Realize they are 5-2, but feel like VT is counterfeit.

Maimi losing to GT is so bad. Miami's kicker missed a game winning chip shot at the end of the 4th quarter. Pitt is going to absolutely drill Miami next week at Pitt. Pitt leads the nation by far in QB sacks, and Miami's o-line is pathetic. Pitt is a dangerous team right now. WF may need BC to beat Pitt in the finale.

Apparently Willis didn't get hurt, Fuente just chose to go with Patterson after Willis made a couple dumb decisions.

I don't know that anybody is really "counterfeit" or not in the ACC, I just think we're a bunch of average teams and average teams have games where they look really good and games where it seems like they've never played football before.

I was surprised FSU didn't spike the ball on second down at the end of the game. I would have done that to let everybody get settled, then go for the hail mary on the last play. FSU had a backup center in the game and a team that doesn't do wet ball practice. Spike it, get a dry ball, get everybody set, throw hail mary. Better opportunity than what they did.

FSU made so many mind-boggling bad decisions last night:

- Fair catching short kickoffs against the worst KO coverage team in the nation;
- Failing to give Akers the ball when WF defense was on its heels and banged up;
- Misuse of timeouts;
- Trying a 50+ FG in the middle of a tropical storm;
- Management of the final secords.

Such a stark contrast on how L'ville handled the end of the game last week versus the way FSU handled the game yesterday. Total circus. A shame because FSU has a ton of talent.

Weren’t they on their own 40 yard line? I don’t think Blackman can throw it 60 yards.

Apparently Willis didn't get hurt, Fuente just chose to go with Patterson after Willis made a couple dumb decisions.

I don't know that anybody is really "counterfeit" or not in the ACC, I just think we're a bunch of average teams and average teams have games where they look really good and games where it seems like they've never played football before.

They are counterfeit in that their record and power rating fails to reflect how weak VT is. As an example, would much rather face VT than Pitt, like WF did last year.

even though he missed it, the 50 yard FG attempt was pretty impressive, all things considered

Back