• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU game time thread

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Any chance we get a night game? Kind of a lousy schedule that week, though i suppose Miami/VPI might have more cache to the average viewer (?). Can they still 6-day option us?

A win at Miami could have made it happen. They have not used a 6-day on us yet. My guess is that they use it and see how we do vs Syracuse.

A win at Miami could have made it happen. They have not used a 6-day on us yet. My guess is that they use it and see how we do vs Syracuse.

The 6-day part makes sense, but that would have SLIGHTLY more to do with waiting on the outcome of Miami-FSU than Wake-Syracuse, I suspect

six-day optioned, either on ABC or ESPN. Optioned with Virginia Tech-Miami and Notre Dame-Pitt.

UVA-UNC 12:30 ACC Network
Syracuse-Maryland 3:30 RSN
BC-New Mexico St 3:30 ESPN3
NC State-Duke 4:00 ESPNU

Pretty good chance it is a night game if FSU wins this weekend. LSU-Bama will probably be at 8 on CBS and I don't think they an air another SEC game in that window. Big 10 doesn't play night games in November if I remember correctly. I think I saw Houston-UCF got the 7 ESPN2 slot. PAC-12 has been getting early prime time ESPN windows of late. Notre Dame-Pitt could be on ABC like ND-Purdue was in week 3.

Pretty good chance it is a night game if FSU wins this weekend. LSU-Bama will probably be at 8 on CBS and I don't think they an air another SEC game in that window. Big 10 doesn't play night games in November if I remember correctly. I think I saw Houston-UCF got the 7 ESPN2 slot. PAC-12 has been getting early prime time ESPN windows of late. Notre Dame-Pitt could be on ABC like ND-Purdue was in week 3.

Whenever ESPN/ABC gets a chance to get Notre Dame primetime they usually take it no matter who they're playing. We benefited from that 2 years ago.

Oregon plays Thursday night. If they(ESPN) are pushing Jameis for the hiesman, then I could see us playing in 7:30 time slot.

Matt Sarz's website shows:

I *think* possibilities for the three ACC games on 11/9 are 12pm ABC, 8pm ABC and 6:30-7pm ET ESPN.

ABC has a national window at 12 noon that day, in addition to their regular 3:30 and 8pm windows. ESPN primetime is open due to the LSU/Alabama CBS night game (no other SEC games can kick-off at night due to CBS exclusivity for their DH that weekend).

Matt Sarz's website shows:

I *think* possibilities for the three ACC games on 11/9 are 12pm ABC, 8pm ABC and 6:30-7pm ET ESPN.

ABC has a national window at 12 noon that day, in addition to their regular 3:30 and 8pm windows. ESPN primetime is open due to the LSU/Alabama CBS night game (no other SEC games can kick-off at night due to CBS exclusivity for their DH that weekend).

Anyone know why the 3:30 ABC slot would not be a possibility? Don't see anything else there right now.

Back