• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Predictions

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, I know, cue the "seriously? wgaf?" and such tags. What say you? I'll go:

FSU - 65
Wake - 58

By the way, why is this game being played on Saturday night? With the 4 game losing streak and the time, I think the student section and overall crowd will be pretty weak.

(Oh, and the NBA Slam Dunk Contest will be on at the same time)

(and the weather too)

I think they'll have a good shot at repeating if baseball season doesn't hurt Winston... oh wait... you mean a prediction for our next game coming up on [date I am unsure of] that will be aired on ESPN3. Hmmm, am guessing Bzdick runs his "winning streak" to 5 in a row... I'll take FSU -6... and +infinity that Buzz will have some moronic comment akin to "if we had made x more shots, we would have won"...

#totalunadulteratedapathy

71-67 Deacs. This is the exact type of game [Redacted] wins to do the bare minimum not to get run out of town. Jason will change to Bzwait with an optimistic post cautiously proclaiming he thinks we are turning things around in the right direction.

71-67 Deacs. This is the exact type of game [Redacted] wins to do the bare minimum not to get run out of town. Jason will change to Bzwait with an optimistic post cautiously proclaiming he thinks we are turning things around in the right direction.

This. And for the unconcerned, is "Jason" the same as the Overalls asshole?

Agree that this is exactly the type of game [Redacted] has "found" a way to win, though our craptastic shit-the-bed performance vs. Georgia Tech has me thinking we could nonetheless lose.

On a serious note, does anyone know why this game is being played at 8:00 PM? And could a late Saturday night tip actually result in a smaller crowd (i.e., more students off doing much more fun Saturday-y things)?

Agree that this is exactly the type of game [Redacted] has "found" a way to win, though our craptastic shit-the-bed performance vs. Georgia Tech has me thinking we could nonetheless lose.

On a serious note, does anyone know why this game is being played at 8:00 PM? And could a late Saturday night tip actually result in a smaller crowd (i.e., more students off doing much more fun Saturday-y things)?

I think maybe it's because of the RSN's televising it. A lot of those channels broadcast their local NHL or NBA teams game on Saturday night. With the Olympic break (NHL) and All-Star break (NBA), it's possible that the RSN's told the ACC that they would broadcast the FSU-WFU game if it was played at 8pm to fill an empty time slot. Also, Maryland-Duke is on ESPN at 6, so maybe that's why the game's at 8 instead of 7.

I know from football that Wellman says all broadcast times are set by TV. I would imagine that TV also highly influences basketball start times, too. That's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
FSU's on the bubble and knows they need this W. We're not on any bubble and pretty much lifeless. The crowd will be lifeless. FSU is good at defense. We suck against teams good at defense. FSU has length. We don't. FSU by 7.

FSU's on the bubble and knows they need this W. We're not on any bubble and pretty much lifeless. The crowd will be lifeless. FSU is good at defense. We suck against teams good at defense. FSU has length. We don't. FSU by 7.

Yeah, it really looked like the team mailed it in after halftime last night. Hopefully they've quit on Bzzz.

That fake Ovaltine injury report on here was weird. What was the deal with that?

Dont know who leaked the info prematurely or what they said, but it wasnt a fake report, just a situation that further tests revealed a different diagnosis that allowed him to play, when the initial findings suggested that he might be out for a while.

FSU is really struggling lately. We should win this one at home.

68-58 Deacs

You are right. FSU is a crazy team to figure out right now and we are on the verge of quitting if we lose this one. And BC is probably the only other game we can win now because Clemson is actually pretty good surprisingly.

Dont know who leaked the info prematurely or what they said, but it wasnt a fake report, just a situation that further tests revealed a different diagnosis that allowed him to play, when the initial findings suggested that he might be out for a while.

He didn't practice leading up to the game did he? Which I guess shows [Redacted]'s answer of "the latter" for CMM's potential availability was a smokescreen

Back