• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

This really should be pinned. Then again it is fun to bump it.

I loathe you. My children are being raised to loathe you and to laugh at the shittiness that is Wake Forest.

Last edited:
I would hate to have to start an F#@!k you John Currie thread but if they drag this thing out a couple of more days, it needs to show up. This is a clown show.

I would hate to have to start an F#@!k you John Currie thread but if they drag this thing out a couple of more days, it needs to show up. This is a clown show.

Again, Currie hasn't started. Not firing Manning this week is entirely on Wellman.

Again, Currie hasn't started. Not firing Manning this week is entirely on Wellman.

That is the official line but we all know Currie will have a say in whatever happens. He cannot wash his hands of this.

He will either encourage the right choice or his tenure will start with a giant anchor around his neck that will likely drown him.

I don’t think I totally get the slams on Currie if Manning stays. What, do you think Currie turns down a chance to be the AD at his alma mater - his dream job, even after the Tennessee situation - because he’s told that he/we are stuck with Manning another year? What would Currie or any of us do in that situation? Of course you swallow hard, hold your nose and take the dream job. And work with that year you now have to find your guy. That’s a whole lot better than Manning being gone and you still don’t get the right coach and now you’ve really lost the fans for several more years. It’s a little bit of a no win, but at least you get the job. That’s what anyone in his exact shoes would do I think.

That is the official line but we all know Currie will have a say in whatever happens. He cannot wash his hands of this.

He will either encourage the right choice or his tenure will start with a giant anchor around his neck that will likely drown him.

That's ridiculous. Currie could fire him next month, 6 months from now or in a year. You guys are hyper overreacting to this because your tired of manning. I get it, I've been tired of him for 5 years.

Currie likely hasn't even gotten a desk yet and your screaming for him to make sweeping changes. That's just not realistic.

For anyone saying he has no say right now or had to accept even knowing Manning would be back then If Manny is retained, May 1st his first official act as AD should to be to fire him. Doesn’t matter that it’s May, recruitment, none of it matters, Fire him.

Currie was in Atlanta last night watching CP3 play against John Collins.

And presumably talking to the Hawks about Danny Manning being hired as their new big man assistant coach, as has been rumored.

maybe he went to personally pick up the check from partial Hawks owner Mitt Shah

For anyone saying he has no say right now or had to accept even knowing Manning would be back then If Manny is retained, May 1st his first official act as AD should to be to fire him. Doesn’t matter that it’s May, recruitment, none of it matters, Fire him.

Agreed. And if you have to just let Nestor be the interim coach for a year. Having Manning on the bench is a net negative, the actions of the man actively cost his team points every game.

Oh you guys are hearing the "Manning to Hawks" rumor, too? INteresting. WILL it happen?

Back